• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test record-breakers draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Len Hutton (c) /
2. Herbert Sutcliffe /
3. Walter Hammond /o
4. Javed Miandad /
5. Rohan Kanhai /
6. Ben Stokes /o
7. Kapil Dev /o
8. Mark Boucher w/k /
9. Ravi Ashwin o/
10. Alec Bedser o
11. Brian Statham o

Three ATGs at the top of the order are followed by a strong middle order with century makers down to #9. Opening bowlers Statham and Bedser are both prolific wicket takers averaging < 25 while spinner Ashwin has similar claims. Kapil Dev is a proven all-rounder of quality while Hammond and Stokes offer more than useful support.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warwick Armstrong was briefly the oldest to score a test century.

Graeme Smith
Matthew Hayden
Clem Hill
Steve Smith
Greg Chappell
Warwick Armstrong
Alan Knott+
Richard Hadlee
Ray Lindwall
Hedley Verity
James Anderson

Centuries down to 9, best openers of the last

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The addicts

1. Alastair Cook
2. Desmond Haynes
3. Kane Williamson
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Mohammad Yousuf
6. Ian Botham
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Wasim Akram
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Michael Holding
11. Anil Kumble

Seriously love this team. Has everything required for a solid test team. Good left-right opening combination followed by a solid middle order led by Tendulkar and then a good lower order led by Botham.

4 good pacers with Rabada being the third pacer and Botham being the fourth. Anil Kumble to do the spinning duties.

At least 3 in the team find a place in the ATG first XI (Sachin, Gilchrist and Wasim Akram) while the others are also ATGs in their own right.

ataraxia

International Coach
1) Victor Trumper /
2) Arthur Morris /
3) Garfield Sobers* / o
4) Younis Khan /
5) AB de Villiers /
6) Steve Waugh /
7) BJ Watling + /
8) Pat Cummins o /
9) Fred Trueman o
10) Bill O'Reilly o
11) Joel Garner o

Pretty good.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
All the teams that come up in this draft will be quite strong compared to other drafts since all are record breakers.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Bill Ponsford - Became the First player to score hundreds in consecutive matches from debut https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/282979.html

Geoffrey Boycott
Bill Ponsford
Ken Barrington
Brian Lara (c)
Michael Clarke
Aubrey Faulkner (5)
Les Ames (wk)
Shaun Pollock (3)
Malcolm Marshall (2)
Allan Donald (1)
Muttiah Muralitharan (4)

Pretty happy with my side, an underrated keeper-batsman in Les Ames coupled with Shaun Pollock at 8 gives us great batting depth in the lower middle-order. An ATG bowling attack, Pollock partnered by Donald and arguably best seamer ever in Marshall along with arguably best spinner ever in Murali, who is ably supported by the legspin of Faulkner.

Michael Clarke at 5 is a bit of a compromise pick but still a very capable middle-order batsman. Very happy with my top 4, especially numbers 3 and 4.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Bob Simpson (vc)
Trevor Goddard
Jacques Kallis
Dennis Compton
Kevin Pietersen
Shakib Al Hasan
MS Dhoni © (wk)
Alan Davidson
Shane Warne
Mitch Starc
Shoaib Akhtar

Love this side really. A bit of everything. Batting to #10, right and left handers alternating all the way through, both right arm and left arm fast as well as fast medium swing bowlers, wrist spin and finger spin of both arms, all batsmen who can bowl and take test wickets, all bowlers who have made test match 30+ scores, a wicket keeper who is also one of the shrewdest captains of all time. Loving this side.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Frank Woolley- Most consecutive matches played (52)

Mooooooo!

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Allan Border *
4. Mahela Jayawardene
5. Kumar Sangakkara+
6. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7. Frank Woolley
8. HMRKB Herath
9. Sonny Ramadhin
10. Lance Gibbs
11. Courtney Walsh

**** it, spin is king.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Sunil Gavaskar
Hanif Mohammed
David Gower
Viv Richards (6)
Andy Flower (+)
Clive Lloyd (*)
Mushtaq Mohammad (5)
George Lohmann (2)
Clarrie Grimmett (4)
Sydney Barnes (1)
Tom Richardson (3)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
If no word is heard from kk within the next 12 hours, I would suggest one of two things.

(a) Go to the voting stage without him.

(b) Have someone complete his team on his behalf (I'm more than happy to do this).

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If no word is heard from kk within the next 12 hours, I would suggest one of two things.

(a) Go to the voting stage without him.

(b) Have someone complete his team on his behalf (I'm more than happy to do this).
He had already mentioned about the break, L&L. I think it is fine to start the voting thread without him.