• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test record-breakers draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
1. The record should be at an international level and not at a country level
Eg. batsman to score most runs in SENA is an acceptable record but most runs in SENA by an Indian batsman is not acceptable since it then becomes country level.

2. He cannot be second best or third best. The person should have held the record at international level at that point of time while it is fine if it has been broken later
3. Record can be either batting, bowling, fielding or keeping record
4. Each drafter states the person along with the record
5. Record can be anything from highest batting average in particular country, runs in set of countries or all countries, bowling average, catches, stumpings, econ rate, strike rate etc. etc.
6. As in most other drafts, the man who made 6,996 runs is disallowed
7. Record is limited to just one filter.
Eg. It can be most runs at number 10 or most runs in Zimbabwe but not both. Like most runs from number 10 in Zimbabwe which won't be allowed.

Hoping for some fun interesting stats and enlightenment.

I am quite new to drafts and so, I am planning to seek advice from experienced drafters and learn on the run as I run this draft.

Post if you want in.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
5. Record can be anything from highest batting average in particular country, runs in set of countries or all countries, bowling average, catches, stumpings, econ rate, strike rate etc. etc.
I'm in, but you're going to have to clarify this. Where do you draw the line? Is "most sixes from #10 in Zimbabwe" an acceptable record? Is "most wicketkeeper catches in Perth" an acceptable record? Is "best economy rate of those who have 400 wickets" an acceptable record?

I assume the records must only be for test cricket.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm in, but you're going to have to clarify this. Where do you draw the line? Is "most sixes from #10 in Zimbabwe" an acceptable record? Is "most wicketkeeper catches in Perth" an acceptable record? Is "best economy rate of those who have 400 wickets" an acceptable record?

I assume the records must only be for test cricket.
Yes, it is just tests.

Good question. I was initially thinking to just keep it completely open. But if we dig deep, we can create a record for almost everyone I think if we do not draw a line. I will put up further conditions on limiting the criteria. Suggestions also welcome.

Himannv

International Coach
I was thinking of records in the cricinfo records page. But then I went through them and Murali has like 65-70% of all the bowling records. Maybe more.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was thinking of records in the cricinfo records page. But then I went through them and Murali has like 65-70% of all the bowling records. Maybe more.
Yes but it doesn't matter if the record was later broken. Any record holder can be picked. From my understanding you can take Grimmett, Trueman, DKL etc from the most wickets record.

Can one record only be picked from once though?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What about limiting to just one filter?

It can be most runs at number 10 or most runs in Zimbabwe but not both. Like most runs from number 10 in Zimbabwe which won't be allowed.

Will that work?

Himannv

International Coach
I'm out as well. Just think it might be too much research for me and I might be too busy over the next few days.