• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Nations Mud XIs 1998-2008

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
South Africa (Tests)

1. Gerhardus Liebenberg
2. Adam Bacher
3. Martin van Jaarsveld
4. Justin Ontong
5. Zander de Bruyn
6. Justin Kemp
7. Thami Tsolekile (wk)
8. Robin Peterson
9. Charl Willoughby
10. Monde Zondeki
11. Mornantau Hayward

Looking at that, it's quite pathetic.

pskov

International 12th Man
Tests

Darren Maddy
Steve James
Usman Afzaal
Aftab Habib
Ian Blackwell
Rikki Clarke
Geriant Jones+
Gavin Hamilton
Jimmy Ormond
Sajid Mahmood
Chris Schofield

ODIs

Luke Wright
Phil Mustard+
Ronnie Irani
Michael Yardy
Darren Maddy
Anthony McGrath
Rikki Clarke
Alex Loudon
Ian Austin
Paul Grayson
Sajid Mahmood

Not very pretty reading that. :laugh:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paul Grayson at #10 is a pretty big call. He was a pretty decent List A all-rounder really. Mind you, with that batting line up of Bits N Pieces, the top 10 could bat in any old order really.

Jarquis

Ramprakash captain of the England XI surely...
Didn't do anything great in the International game

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Jehan Muburak plus ten, we win.

Avishka Gunawardene
Chandika Hathurusingha
Shantha Kalavitigoda
*Jehan Muburak
Naveed Nawaz
+Indika de Saram
Ruwan Kalpage
Charitha Buddhika
Eric Upashantha
Suresh Perera
Dinusha Fernando

Surprised we have only played 51 guys in that period. Pretty poor side, only problem is that we bat down to 11.
Very nice if i had my go i wouldnt include Haturusinge or kalavitogoda (opener who batted 7 in his only test) replace them with Hasantha Fernando and Gayan Wijekoon.

andyc

Watson should surely be in over Symonds, if we're just talking about achievements in Tests.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tests

Darren Maddy
Steve James
Usman Afzaal
Aftab Habib
Ian Blackwell
Rikki Clarke
Geriant Jones+
Gavin Hamilton
Jimmy Ormond
Sajid Mahmood
Chris Schofield

ODIs

Luke Wright
Phil Mustard+
Ronnie Irani
Michael Yardy
Darren Maddy
Anthony McGrath
Rikki Clarke
Alex Loudon
Ian Austin
Paul Grayson
Sajid Mahmood

Not very pretty reading that. :laugh:
Think Chris Adams could be in test team ahead of Blackwell & Matthew Fleming in the ODI's for either Austion or Grayson. But on point XI's otherwise.

greggyb

Cricket Spectator
Chris Rogers
Matt Elliot
Greg Blewett
Michael Bevan
Cameron White
Shane Watson
Brad Haddin
Dan Cullen
Gavin Robertson
Scott Muller
Paul Wilson

12th Man Shaun Tait

Precambrian

Banned
Australia Tests (coz mostly, ODIs just don't count):

M Elliott
M Slater
G Blewett
M Bevan
A Symonds
A McDonald
B Haddin
N Hauritz
G Robertson
S Muller
P Wilson

A few points by way of clarification.

Slater was a very fine player, but tbh I was struggling to find enough mud batsmen, as the line up was so stable for so long, so he had to open ahead of Hayden and Langer.

Likewise, Symonds has played some good knocks for Australia at test level and averages around 40, but the other blokes in that era were so good it really had to be him. Likewise, McDonald's only played the one game - who knows how he'll turn out, but he's a lot worse than other number 6s we've had there in the time frame allowed.

Lastly, Australia has had 3 keepers from 1998 to 2008. Two of them belong in the argument as to our best ever keeper. The other averages "only" 38 after 12 tests. It has to be him.

I was going to run with Funky Miller in this side, but I don't think he was mud at all really, and was handily versatile. Krezja "unlucky" to miss out too.

The above side could only play on the subcontinent, with two offies in the side. Actually, it should never play at all.

Great thread though.
Brad Hogg? Was **** in whites.