• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar to continue?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think we should cut some slack to pasag. He has apologized like 5 or 6 times already for those stupid things he had said in the WC 2011 voting thread. And I think he was stating it as a measure of how popular Tendulkar is. I think it is more of him complimenting Sachin than him dissing our PM.

pasag

RTDAS
I was I was. But I do understand that given my comments of a week ago, put together with these might illude to show that I meant this in a bad way. I didnt. But the best measure is for me never again to comment on anything else India related because I hate being called a racist more than anything in the world. I might be an idiot, I might have the stupidist views but I am not a racist and I take that accusation very seriously.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whilst Passag's comments were very offensive, I think he's made it very clear that he regrets what he posted and has apologised many times. Other than those set of posts (which to be fair, seemed more due to ignorance rather than racism) he has been a good poster on the boards so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
pasag said:
I was just kidding. It was in a manner of respect. I thought it was cool that a cricketer is the number 1 popular person in the country. I think it would be cool if it would happen in this country as well.

Even when I complement India I get hammered.

For fear of being labeled racist, ignorant I will not post in any Indian threads ever again.
Please reconsider. :)

By the way, I do think to an extent Warne is known more than Howard.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Warne is known more than Howard, or that he would be more popular, since his image in Australia is pretty poor generally, but I think that a few years ago someone like Steve Waugh certainly would have been more popular generally than the PM.

pasag

RTDAS
Yep, alot of people hate Warne, in the same way they hate Sam Newman. Alot of women also don't like warney. And my mom hates Sam Newman.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
Yep, alot of people hate Warne, in the same way they hate Sam Newman. Alot of women also don't like warney. And my mom hates Sam Newman.
Warne was just used as an example, it could be anyone Pat Rafter, Greg Norman, Leyton Hewitt, Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting etc etc.

Also I dont think anyone called you a racist, my post was after you said "...Got to admire a country that has its priorities in order."

Fusion

Global Moderator
pasag said:
Well I certainlty didnt mean to cause any offence and i am sorry if i did.
You know why people mind your comments? You make a snide/offensive remark, and then come back and say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean any offense". If you had done it only once, it would be credible and forgiven. But you keep repeating the offense, and then apologize ofcourse. Anyway, I'll take your apology as sincere...again. I will also encourage you to keep posting on Indian/subcontinent related threads...as long as you do it with civility and without malice. Cheers!

pasag

RTDAS
No, I think ill stop for benefit of longivety on this forum. Also it wasnt a snide remark or meant as a snide remark

Fusion

Global Moderator
pasag said:
No, I think ill stop for benefit of longivety on this forum. Also it wasnt a snide remark or meant as a snide remark
You said, "Got to admire a country that clearly has their priorities in order". Reads like a snide remark to me. Anyway, I don't want to get into an argument. You've apologized, and I took it as sincere. So I'll leave the matter to rest. It's upto you whether you post on Indian related posts or not.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
You know why people mind your comments? You make a snide/offensive remark, and then come back and say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean any offense". If you had done it only once, it would be credible and forgiven. But you keep repeating the offense, and then apologize ofcourse.
that's exactly the pattern that bugged me as well and led me to believe that his apology was completely insincere but since he has repeatedly said it was not and from his posts, he certainly seems to want to hang around here, on my part i will desist from any further comments...