• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar doubtful for Pakistan series

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
quite possibly.....but it is better for him and for the team for him to be a fully fit member....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pathetic, If his tennis elbow has not healed, then what was he doing in Bangladesh ?? Let me guess he couldn't resist a chance to score couple of centuries against the minnows.

Seriously, I have lost lot of respect I had for him.

Camel56

Banned
I think he needs to just take a decent amount of time off and get himself fully fit and over this injury. Otherwise its just a waste of time him playing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should make no difference at all. According to 2xc, he cant play a match-winning innings anyway. :D

Seriously, I can understand him playing against Bangladesh AND Australia when half-fit - he loves the game.

However, his future career would be better served by taking the time to cure whatever ails him, if that's possible.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
I doubt this will have any effect on the series, it might even be a blessing in disguise for India.

cricket player

International Debutant
Yeah but it is not a seriouse injurie.I play cricket even though i twisted my ankel a game back.He loves to play cricket let him play.

Camel56

Banned
If you play cricket after twisting your ankle you're a fool. Why risk further, perhaps permanent injury by playing when you can rest and recover and come back just as good?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is seriously worrying me. :( We also lose Sachin's knowledge of the game & tactics on the field.

On the bright side this will bring Kaif in the team.

C_C

International Captain
I think people are too hasty to jump on the 'fattening his average against bangladesh so he played' bandwagon.
The guy came back against AUS without any match practice for 3 months( i dont agree with the decision to pick him- no player should be picked for a test series in the middle of the series without any matchpractice for months-but the fault is with BCCI and not tendy on this-a player cannot go "no i dont have practice so i wont play").

Thats the last thing you would do if you were looking to fatten your average- come back against McGrath-Gillespie and Warne without any practice.

Also note that Tendy has been following the doctor's/physio's advice....ie, he came back when they gave him the all clear and didnt play despite of that...

I think this is more a case of relapse than anything.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Pathetic, If his tennis elbow has not healed, then what was he doing in Bangladesh ?? Let me guess he couldn't resist a chance to score couple of centuries against the minnows.

Seriously, I have lost lot of respect I had for him.
I think your post is pathetic.
I hardly think it was his decision to play against Bangladesh. The team wanted him, and the team got him. If he was in it just for himself, why did he play against Aus and Saf???? If you read the article, doctors have advised him not to play.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Camel56 said:
I think you'll find he plays cricket not tennis mate.
lol, I think he was referring to the injury. Anyway, I would like to fault the fact that Sachin played 2 and a half series because he was told he had recovered and now, that injury has come back again. I can understand why India need Sachin against Australia and SA but why couldn't he be rested against Bangladesh? It is not like he was needed for us to beat Bangladesh.

cricket player

International Debutant
Camel56 said:
If you play cricket after twisting your ankle you're a fool. Why risk further, perhaps permanent injury by playing when you can rest and recover and come back just as good?
Excuse me camel but you were in the same situation.You were vomiting in the middle of the match and was coughing blood every second but you still decided to continue batting through out the inning.Perhaps that is what you said in one of your articles back a 2 months ago. :huh:

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey people,it is not fair to cricticise that sachin was not given rest for bangladesh series.Hey to b fair on sachin,i think he was almost fully fit for the series against bangladesh.He might have thought that the series against bangladesh would b of a kind of dress rehersal ahead of the important series against Pakistan,but it turned otherway and he only aggravated his injury.....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
dudeurfriend said:
Hey people,it is not fair to cricticise that sachin was not given rest for bangladesh series.Hey to b fair on sachin,i think he was almost fully fit for the series against bangladesh.He might have thought that the series against bangladesh would b of a kind of dress rehersal ahead of the important series against Pakistan,but it turned otherway and he only aggravated his injury.....
Welcome to Cricketweb :) It's a great cricket message board, but you'll find that Tendulkar is often unfairly heavily criticised on this board by many posters, both Indian and overseas cricket fans.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Welcome to Cricketweb :) It's a great cricket message board, but you'll find that Tendulkar is often unfairly heavily criticised on this board by many posters, both Indian and overseas cricket fans.
You are right.

But its not just Sachin. When it comes to their displaying their own biases people seem to do it best against the icons of others like Sachin, Lara, Warne, Murali etc.

It is pathetic.