• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the Year 2016

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is a piece on the best 20 tests 5 fer streaks or whatever by Anantha Narayanan on crapinfo. Barnes had 19 5fers in a 20 test stretch. But not sure how many were in the same year. Obviously Murali has the edge given the number of tests being so many more in recent times.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murali had 9 in a year once or twice I'm pretty sure. Barnes wouldn't have played enough tests in any one calendar year.

vcs

Strange that Ashwin picked up 3 5-ers and still averaged 30+ for the series.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Furball is full of lies AND salt.. it's gloriously funny.
Not his fault that he wasn't watching the glorious hiding i.e. the 5th Test

Ashwin was averaging 25-26 after 4 Tests. And even in the 5th Test, he happened to bowl better than Jadeja in most of his spells, even though the latter ended up picking a 10-fer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was the best spinner in Rajkot too. I posted it here right after that test. His salt is just off the charts. The thrashing's surely got to him. :laugh:

vcs

He definitely was unlucky in Chennai. I think Parthiv dropped one, then a couple went to forward-short-leg, which was inexplicably vacant. He averaged 23 or so when the series was alive (first 4 Tests).

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea, you are right! He averaged 23 point something -after 4 Tests.
That's incredible considering his figures in the first test..

Luck definitely plays a role in cricket, because sometimes despite bowling well, you get no wickets, whereas some other time when you barely bowl okay, you get a bunch of wickets..

I mean Jadeja was quite lucky to get a 7-fer in the last innings, but in contrast, at other times during the series he had bowled quite well but barely had wickets to show for it..

Daemon

Ashwin didn't take wickets on the two flattest decks. Harbhajan was on to something :ph34r:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So why has hazlewood not come into considerations. Starc gets a lot of credit but haze gets the results.