• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suresh Raina Retires

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Far more openers end up in ATG zone in ODIs than tests. Probably because we have lot of great middle order batsmen turning openers in limited overs.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Ganguly is one of the greats in ODIs, its definitely not an easy choice, coz he also adds a bowling option and a left hander to the top order. Gambhir not very far away too, while we are on that. Neither is Dhawan. Our second XI will most likely have Ganguly and Dhawan opening and that is amazing.
Yes, the batting for India's second XI is quite strong too. Slight change in my team. Gambhir and Dhawan open, Dravid at 3 with Ganguly at 4. Still, this is a retirement tribute thread and so, we can stop here and take this discussion to the ATG thread. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, you know what, I think I will not break up the great opening pairs. Sachin and Sourav for ATG India and Rohit and Dhawan for the second XI.