• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suresh Raina Retires

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s strange that the only innings I remembered him for is that 89(?) off 20 odd balls in the IPL...

just kidding. He was always an excellent fielder. Saw his T20I century in the 2010 WC & thought that it was special.
An IPL legend tho.

Teja.

Global Moderator
A really talented player with absurd hand-eye who underachieved greatly IMO.

He had problems against bounce etc. but nothing unfixable.

EDIT: Also dire by vcs. The guy played 226 ODIs and 78 T20s. Yeah, he didn't do great in the tests in the chances he was given but that's harsh. Might as well tumbleweed micheal ****ing bevan.

Last edited:

vcs

Yeah he was pretty crucial in us winning in 2011, against both Australia and Pakistan. Excellent limited overs player. Seem to remember him doing really well in the 2015 WC as well.

trundler

Wrecked us in 2011. Gun fielder too. Overall a great LO package with some useful offies thrown in the mix.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I still tend to flirt with the idea of putting him in the ATG India ODI team, he isn't anywhere close to our best batsman obviously but we don't have many who did their job so selflessly in the batting slot he was assigned to.

smash84

The Tiger King
not only that he was one of those seemingly unathletic looking types who were actually pretty good in the field and in running between the wickets.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah, agree with this. Was so excited when he broke through the ranks. Still a good player but should have been much more.

Teja.

Global Moderator

EDIT: Also dire by vcs. The guy played 226 ODIs and 78 T20s. Yeah, he didn't do great in the tests in the chances he was given but that's harsh. Might as well tumbleweed micheal ****ing bevan.
Probably came across slightly angrier than I intended here. :ph34r:

vcs

It was a bit of a joke about the timing, considering that his announcement is going to be overshadowed by the MSD one. Obviously an excellent player in his own right.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still tend to flirt with the idea of putting him in the ATG India ODI team, he isn't anywhere close to our best batsman obviously but we don't have many who did their job so selflessly in the batting slot he was assigned to.
I don't flirt with it. He IS my #6 in the ATG Indian ODI side. Perfect guy to sandwich between Dhoni and Kapil.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Guy worships Dhoni too and perhaps took his ok before announcing the retirement on the same day too. Amazing fielder, very good batsman and one of the most honest triers and hardest workers in the game. A perfect team man too.