• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 Tipping Contest

Blaze

Banned
24 Mar, 19:00 Hurricanes v Sharks Westpac Stadium, Wellington
24 Mar, 20:05 Waratahs v Blues Aussie Stadium, Sydney
24 Mar, 19:10 Cheetahs v Reds Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein
25 Mar, 16:35 Brumbies v Chiefs Canberra Stadium, Canberra
25 Mar, 19:35 Highlanders v Cats Rugby Park, Invercargill
25 Mar, 20:05 Force v Bulls Subiaco Oval, Perth

Waratahs Blues Match of the Round

cometer

State Regular
Hurricanes v Sharks - Hurricanes
Waratahs v Blues - Blues
Cheetahs v Reds - Cheetahs
Brumbies v Chiefs - Brumbies
Highlanders v Cats - Highlanders
Force v Bulls - Bulls

shaka

International Regular
24 Mar, 19:00 Hurricanes
24 Mar, 20:05 Blues
24 Mar, 19:10 Cheetahs
25 Mar, 16:35 Brumbies
25 Mar, 19:35 Highlanders
25 Mar, 20:05 Bulls

Blaze

Banned
Tips and reasons (sort of stealing Simon's idea with the NRL)

Hurricanes v Sharks - Hard one for me, I like tipping against the Canes as that way I usually win either way, and they are such an unpredictable side that you never really know how they are going to play. The Sharks had a great win last week over the Highlanders and have looked good in all of their games in Australasia, however I am going to go with the Canes here... hopefully they show their class at home.

Waratahs v Blues - I have gone with the Blues in the Match of the Round. They finally started to play some footy last week and Lavea actually didn't suck for a change. Luke McCalister is back which can only be a good thing. The Waratahs have been good so far, but one feels that unlike last year, the wheels may fall off mid season. Let's hope so.

Cheetahs v Reds- A bit of a no brainer. It would be a huge effort if the Reds did get up.

Brumbies v Chiefs - I have decided to play the 'upset card' going with the Chiefs here. They will go close to making the top 4 IMO, have looked good since returning from a dissapointing tour of South Africa. The Brumbies have a couple of injury concerns as well, but in saying that they are almost unbeatable at home. This better come off for me...

Highlanders v Cats - Even after last week, and even though they are resting a couple of key players, you would hope so...

Force v Bulls - The Bulls should hit the ground running in their first match of their Australasian tour against the hapless Force. They will still be stinging after last week's result, should put the Force to the sword.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
Sharks
Blues
Reds
Chiefs
Highlanders
Force

meh :p
Funny thing is tho, Force-Bulls aside, they're all fairly marginal calls!

EDIT: actually Cheetahs-Reds isn't all that marginal either.... :p

Blaze

Banned
Hurricanes win a mistakeathon over the Sharks 23-17... great defence from the Canes. Rodney and Collins were huge as usual.

Quite a funny game to watch with the appaling conditions making kicking and catching kicks difficult.