• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunil blasts the Australians

Do you agree with Sunil Gavaskar’s assessment of the Australians?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, that was the test when he got 182, and for me, will be a defining Lara knock.

You just have to be something else if you can play a knock like that against what was easily the best bowling attack in the world in their backyard, and while you are in the middle of your worst form slump and have so many things wrong with your technique that experts were exasperating about him even going past 25 in that series.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
You just have to be something else if you can play a knock like that against what was easily the best bowling attack in the world in their backyard, and while you are in the middle of your worst form slump and have so many things wrong with your technique that experts were exasperating about him even going past 25 in that series.
Is it "What makes Lara better than Tendulkar?" Alex. :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In terms of sheer natural batting talent, I would say yes. And I think even someone like CC, who is a BIG Tendulkar fan and supporter, would agree with that. What they do with that talent is another thing, obviously.

pup11

International Coach
I think to give credit to Ricky i don't think he gets himself involved in any sort of banter on the field at all since he has matured, its a different thing if he is provoked though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think why a lot of people put Lara above Tendulkar was exemplified in the "Battle of the Test Innings" thread, where Lara had about 4 in the last 16 or something ridiculous, and Tendulkar didn't get one past the first round.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
yeah, that was the test when he got 182, and for me, will be a defining Lara knock.

Lara was out of form to a degree, but...

Didn't he just make a double hundred against Australia A in Hobart the week before, where he hit Bichel for six 4s in an over?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah :( felt sorry for Bich tbh, was at the same time he was pushing for a Test spot iirc. Got one though due to injury i think, then took a 5-fer

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lara was out of form to a degree, but...

Didn't he just make a double hundred against Australia A in Hobart the week before, where he hit Bichel for six 4s in an over?
yep, include that knock too.

Those two were what defined Lara, for me. Just outrageously gifted as a batsman, isn't he?

But even that double hundred, he had a few lives, I believe. This knock was as tight a test match knock as one can see, esp. against Australia.