• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions for improving Cricket Web

Himannv

International Coach
Can we have a separate subbie for match threads? It's tough to find actual match thread in the clutter due to the number of tours and series going on at any given time. It took me a while to find the emerging Asia Cup thread even after posting in it once.

Alternately move the discussion stuff into a subbie, idk.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Can we have a separate subbie for match threads? It's tough to find actual match thread in the clutter due to the number of tours and series going on at any given time. It took me a while to find the emerging Asia Cup thread even after posting in it once.

Alternately move the discussion stuff into a subbie, idk.
is that not a function more of the fact that it's not pinned when it probably should just be? same deal with windies india as well imho

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Yes this, they should be pinned which I've just done.

Feel free to report a series thread in future if it gets missed in being pinned.
WTC Final being pinned over a month after it finished while ongoing India vs West Indies not being pinned was not a good look. Is it really your job as owner to fix, do mods do anything 😉

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
WTC Final being pinned over a month after it finished while ongoing India vs West Indies not being pinned was not a good look. Is it really your job as owner to fix, do mods do anything 😉
It's all volunteer based. The mods do a fantastic job in what are trying circumstances at times.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe they can outsource the job to us, to sticky/pin thread.

On one condition though, the thread starter should make the decision to pin or not...and it should be approved by 3 persons by way of pebble voting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Could a mod be appointed to CC who has no infract powers etc but can sticky threads? As long as the guidelines are clear on what should be pinned then this might be a solution?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Maybe they can outsource the job to us, to sticky/pin thread.

On one condition though, the thread starter should make the decision to pin or not...and it should be approved by 3 persons by way of pebble voting.
Could a mod be appointed to CC who has no infract powers etc but can sticky threads? As long as the guidelines are clear on what should be pinned then this might be a solution?
Nice idea guys, I like that.

Any thoughts on who it could/should be appointed to? I was thinking members with over X number of posts.

SillyCowCorner1

Nice idea guys, I like that.

Any thoughts on who it could/should be appointed to? I was thinking members with over X number of posts.
Yes, I am open for suggestions. The X number of posts bode well, regular posters as well.

But some, when given the responsibility will treat it as is it’s more of a “Mall cop” stature.

By the way @James, my post was in jest 😬

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, I am open for suggestions. The X number of posts bode well, regular posters as well.

But some, when given the responsibility will treat it as is it’s more of a “Mall cop” stature.

By the way @James, my post was in jest 😬
Haha :laugh: Trust me not to pick up on the in-joke.

I think it's a good idea though in theory to give trusted members the ability to help with sticking/un-sticking threads.

SillyCowCorner1

Haha :laugh: Trust me not to pick up on the in-joke.

I think it's a good idea though in theory to give trusted members the ability to help with sticking/un-sticking threads.
Yes, it does make sense…and as I have mentioned earlier in the thread…it’s almost the same as switching the lights on/off

Not much effort needed