• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sub-25 Bowling Average - Current players

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
While it is not 'the' criteria for ATG status, a sub-25 average indicates that the bowler has been very very good at the highest level and we could be looking at future ATGs.

There are quite a lot of those bowlers floating around right now. So, I am creating a thread to keep a track of them and will keep updating this list as and when someone enters/leaves. You are all free to predict the average they will all end up when they retire. And let us see who gets it right. To start it off, below is the current list of sub-25 bowling averages with a minimum criteria of 10 matches.

Axar looks set to enter this elite list as he plays his 10th match today.

PlayerSpanMatWktsAve
R Ashwin (IND)2011-202389*457*24.05
K Rabada (SA)2015-202358*268*22.85
RA Jadeja (IND)2012-202361*249*24.34
PJ Cummins (AUS)2011-202348*216*21.41
JJ Bumrah (IND)2018-202230*128*21.99
Shaheen Shah Afridi (PAK)2018-202225*99*24.86
KA Jamieson (NZ)2020-202216*72*19.45
OE Robinson (ENG)2021-202315*62*19.59
L Ngidi (SA)2018-202217*51*23.37
M Jansen (SA)2021-202310*41*21.65
KR Mayers (WI)2021-202316*27*19.29

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The real challenge is to also average sub 25 away. How many of the sub 25 bowlers average under 25 away?
That is huge. I think only a handful of bowlers in history with a decent count of wickets average under 25 away.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Averages within 0.5 of a spinner is not quite the complient for a fast bowler you may think it is, tbh.
What? :laugh:

It wasn’t even a comparison with Ashwin. It was just pointing out that effectively for the timeframe of the OP, then he’d make it too.

Don’t be so sensitive

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
For anyone who cares, Anderson has 437 @ 23.61 since Ashwin's debut.
I think Anderson must be the most fortunate bowler that there's ever been.

As we all know, he can only take wickets in favourable conditions.

Unless its a green top, swinging like a top, massively overcast and he's using the Duke ball, he's nothing more than a medium paced trundler who should be bowling for Burnley back in the Lancashire league.

So to consistently play in conditions that have enabled him to take so many wickets - he's one hell of a jammy so and so.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Unless its a green top, swinging like a top, massively overcast and he's using the Duke ball, he's nothing more than a medium paced trundler who should be bowling for Burnley back in the Lancashire league.

So to consistently play in conditions that have enabled him to take so many wickets - he's one hell of a jammy so and so.
Don't be silly. He'd be in the top 15-20 bowlers of the last decade and amongst the 200 best bowlers to have played the game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What? :laugh:

It wasn’t even a comparison with Ashwin. It was just pointing out that effectively for the timeframe of the OP, then he’d make it too.

Don’t be so sensitive
What sensitive? I am as big of a supporter of Anderson the bowler as anyone here.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

This but unironically

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member

"The more I practice, the luckier I get" - Arnold Palmer.
The same can be said for Anderson, but I prefer to think of him as a fine port. If it's good now, stick it away for another 20 years. It'll be phenomenal.