• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
:(

That ends a fine campaign. Well played Ashgrove. Couple of destructive innings killed us. Was the right move to bowl first, we've had success with these orders too, just wasn't our day.

FHK have a steep hill to climb vs Jura CC too now.

cnerd123

likes this
Took a real nail biter to secure it too

Shame we couldn't add a CWC finals appearance to this, but what a great season for ZCC

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
With things moving so swiftly could arrange final for Tuesday

I'll set up CWC9 later - Saturday evening UK time (about to go to sleep now) with a start date of Tuesday 11th July based on the following with a plate comp for 7th to 12th

on the assumption of 16 - 1 big group of 16, double round-robin, 2 games a week with the same qualification system as CWC8 - top 2 straight to semi-finals, 3rd to 6th in playoffs seems the way to go?

Could be similar for a Plate comp if there is desire for that? 7th and 8th qualify automatically to Plate semi-finals, 9th to 12th in Plate Playoffs?

ataraxia

International Coach
Butler out second ball on a pitch he could absolutely maul on. 6 (2), natch. 149 the target – very chaseable, but the loss of Butler is a huge dent.

ataraxia

International Coach
Chambers unable to garner deserved red ink, but nevertheless in the final against the old foes FHK.

He has been unbelievable this season, Chambers. In T20 friendlies this season, he averages 48.62 and strikes at 172.37, from down the order, scoring 7 of his 10 fifties in the format. This innings actually worsened his record for the season. Key cog in our success. Making me regret my decision to employ Zahid as long-term keeper instead of him.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chambers unable to garner deserved red ink, but nevertheless in the final against the old foes FHK.

He has been unbelievable this season, Chambers. In T20 friendlies this season, he averages 48.62 and strikes at 172.37, from down the order, scoring 7 of his 10 fifties in the format. This innings actually worsened his record for the season. Key cog in our success. Making me regret my decision to employ Zahid as long-term keeper instead of him.
You guys comfortably the better team over the course of CWC. Reckon we deserved to make it as far as we did after a few hiccups in the group. An apt finish.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Also @cnerd123 rearranged DEV friendly for Sunday (9th) if that suits you just to avoid outside chance of a clash between first CW9 match and our friendly.

Also about to send a few friendly requests out ahead of CW9 and due to being off for the week so should have more time re Stumped

Also correct on @ataraxia being the home side - @cnerd123