• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Also thinking ahead to CWC9 - DEV format - can you please inform me if you would like to enter and any preferences over the format of DEV competition - I am thinking of keeping it similar to CWC8 (double-round robin league plus playoffs) but open to other ideas if there is a preference from many for that.

Cautiously on the assumption of a similar format planning a start date of Tuesday July 11 but this is flexible of course although would like a week gap at least between CWC8 final and CWC9.

@Krypto @andruid @ataraxia @Jarquis @Charlie B @JOJOXI @cnerd123 @SillyCowCorner1 @StephenZA
Totally fine with me

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
@andruid sign up for this bro

What other new members can we entice into joining our little simulated cricket cult here?

@Himannv @Son Of Coco @NZTailender all play BT/FTP, hopefully we can entice them to jump on board here.

@AndyZaltzHair @Teuton @CricAddict @Pothas @Fuller Pilch enjoy drafting, maybe you'll enjoy this too?

@Magrat Garlick - fancy making a comeback? We miss you!

https://www.stumpedgame.com/register.php to register, and use the referral code REF723BQY
Already signed up and my dev team are being whipped week in and out every time we play a user

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
View attachment 36179

And everyone survived. Nice CW domination that.
Domination might be stretching it :happy: We were all very good at thumping Nelson who is about to go BOT at the end of the season and employed the services of Mr Phil Inn and three spotty teenagers who between them weren't paid £100 a week in total

I guess the silver lining is that The Reds won't be here next season so , all results are possible - relegation - mid table water treading or ..... well you know ... but I won't say it , it would be bad luck!! :scared:

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Thanks first of all for organising JoJO

The existing format ensured in CWC8 s the best 2 teams got places in the SF for sure and 3 of the 4 play off teams certainly also deserved their places on merit over the season

IF you go for 2 leagues of 8 the advantage is quicker turnaround but it will need a fair and equitable system for determining the groups beforehand that everyone is ok with (we have been there before)!

Hope to be a bit more present again after august

Thanks

ataraxia

International Coach
Domination might be stretching it :happy: We were all very good at thumping Nelson who is about to go BOT at the end of the season and employed the services of Mr Phil Inn and three spotty teenagers who between them weren't paid £100 a week in total

I guess the silver lining is that The Reds won't be here next season so , all results are possible - relegation - mid table water treading or ..... well you know ... but I won't say it , it would be bad luck!! :scared:
Have the Reds promoted to div 0.1? :p

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Jura struggling vs Geese in play offs... hat trick from Geese youth Hayes leaves them 76/5 chasing 150!

An unconvincing win with 2 wickets to spare from Jura - thanks to the veteran Salman and home grown medium pace legend Marwick at No.10- (averaging 2.33 from his last 5 innings!)_ doesn't give much hope for the Semis!

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Winton CC
Charminster CC
KryptoKnights
ataraXIa
ataraX Wellington
Jura CC
The Wild Geese
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates
Zor*x CC
Free HK
The Merry Orangutans
The Net Theorists
Chips Mwitu (andruid)

@SillyCowCorner1 are your 2 sides in?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Winton CC
Charminster CC
KryptoKnights
ataraXIa
ataraX Wellington
Jura CC
The Wild Geese
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates
Zor*x CC
Free HK
The Merry Orangutans
The Net Theorists
Chips Mwitu (andruid)
GG CC
Moooo

That gets us to 16!

The door is still open to those tagged by @cnerd123 to join the party.

However, on the assumption of 16 - 1 big group of 16, double round-robin, 2 games a week with the same qualification system as CWC8 - top 2 straight to semi-finals, 3rd to 6th in playoffs seems the way to go?

Could be similar for a Plate comp if there is desire for that? 7th and 8th qualify automatically to Plate semi-finals, 9th to 12th in Plate Playoffs?

cnerd123

likes this
Sounds good. One big group of 16 with double round robin is 30 games. 2 games a week will take us 15 weeks - basically an entire season - to complete. Then we add on the KOs.

CWC8 qualification system makes sense. Keeps everyone in the Top 6 in the hunt.

I'd like a plate - since I reckon that's the best ZCC and FHK can hope for lol.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
With the WCC winding down and with most of it done and dusted i decided to do a quick team of the tournament . No honorable mentions and I've done it as straight forward as possible . Highest runs and average for batting and most wickets with best averages .

1) Tam Tak-Chi (Free HK) 857 runs @ 35.71
2) Todii Mthombeni (wk) (TMO) 738 @32.09
3) Jacob Sampson (Jura) 829 Runs @ 34.54
4) Liam Levy (TMO) 658 Runs @ 31.33
5) Will Fairhurst (Char) 641 Runs @ 32.05
6) Benjamin Butler (AtaraXia) 771 Runs @ 32.13
7) Daniel Ahsan (ZCC) 799 Runs @38.05 36 Wickets @ 13.75
8) Andy Li (Free HK) 42 Wickets @ 9.67
9) Sampath Ramalingam (ZCC) 52 Wickets @ 11.38
10) Joshua Wong (Free HK) 60 Wickets @ 10.32
11) Jay Warwick (Jura) 47 Wickets @ 9.74

I know some great performers was left out however i feel this is fair . Player of the tournament goes to Daniel Ahsan for me personally . Hope everyone had fun , and looking forward to joining you all on the next one .