• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
With one game left to go

So playoff picture

3rd (Free HK/Jura CC/Zor*x CC) vs 6th (Moooo/The Wild Geese)
4th (Free HK/Jura CC/Zor*x CC) vs Ashgrove Astronauts

Semi-finals

ataraXIa vs winner of 4th v 5th
2nd vs winner of 3rd v 6th

Than final

Might be a bit much trying to get the final next weekend so if we say first playoff matches by close of play on Thursday 29th June, semi-finals by Tuesday 4th July and Final on Saturday 8th July? - @cnerd123 @Charlie B @SillyCowCorner1 @Jarquis @ataraxia

JOJOXI

With one game left to go

So playoff picture

3rd (Free HK/Jura CC/Zor*x CC) vs 6th (Moooo/The Wild Geese)
4th (Free HK/Jura CC/Zor*x CC) vs Ashgrove Astronauts

Semi-finals

ataraXIa vs winner of 4th v 5th
2nd vs winner of 3rd v 6th

Than final

Might be a bit much trying to get the final next weekend so if we say first playoff matches by close of play on Thursday 29th June, semi-finals by Tuesday 4th July and Final on Saturday 8th July? - @cnerd123 @Charlie B @SillyCowCorner1 @Jarquis @ataraxia

Jura CC vs The Wild Geese
Zor*x CC vs Ashgrove Astronauts

Semi-finals

ataraXIa vs winner of Zor*x CC vs Ashgrove Astronauts
Free HK vs winner of Jura CC vs The Wild Geese

Than final

@Charlie B @cnerd123 @Jarquis @ataraxia

JOJOXI

Also thinking ahead to CWC9 - DEV format - can you please inform me if you would like to enter and any preferences over the format of DEV competition - I am thinking of keeping it similar to CWC8 (double-round robin league plus playoffs) but open to other ideas if there is a preference from many for that.

Cautiously on the assumption of a similar format planning a start date of Tuesday July 11 but this is flexible of course although would like a week gap at least between CWC8 final and CWC9.

@Krypto @andruid @ataraxia @Jarquis @Charlie B @JOJOXI @cnerd123 @SillyCowCorner1 @StephenZA

JOJOXI

With my Charminster CC side helped by improvement (all U21s with room to grow to potential at start of season plus a couple signings near end of season) nice to see by the end how close the XPV was between all sides. Charminster started 23.5k behind Free HK, TNT just over 17k behind Free HK, Winton just under 17k behind. By the end of it Plymouth Pirates at 52.7k and ataraX Wellington (52.4k not sure if that was rotation or sales from 54.7k previous game) were 13.5k behind a Zor*x CC on the XPV

JOJOXI

Although maybe another format would be better if we can hopefully get 16 teams, maybe 2 groups of 8 with double round-robin then QFs with 1st in Group A v 4th in Group B, 2nd in Group A v 3rd in Group B etc as 30 games (2x15) might be a tad long. But there still remains an incentive to top your group as you'll get the 4th placed team in the other group

Thoughts?

ataraxia

International Coach
Both teams in obvs.

That AX-W ExP figure is due to Ward being dropped for a game. A bit odd it had such an effect given that both Dee and Murdoch were introduced to the side, but hey

JOJOXI

Sides confirmed so far

Winton CC
Charminster CC
KryptoKnights
ataraXIa
ataraX Wellington
Jura CC
The Wild Geese
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates
Zor*x CC
Free HK

Last edited:

JOJOXI

Also a shout out to the CW community seeing the DEV rankings on Stumped. 9 CW teams in the top 51 of the DEV rankings

ataraXIa 8th
Jura CC 11th
Ashgrove Astronauts 18th
Charminster CC 19th
The Net Theorists 21st
AtaraX Wellington 22nd
The Wild Geese 34th
Winton CC 39th
GG CC 51st

cnerd123

likes this
Yea both ZCC and FHK are in

If we do two groups, we could do a single stage round robin, and then the top half of each group plays for the Cup in a separate round robin + KO stage, while the bottom half of each group plays for the Plate. Gives teams something to work towards.

JOJOXI

Yea both ZCC and FHK are in

If we do two groups, we could do a single stage round robin, and then the top half of each group plays for the Cup in a separate round robin + KO stage, while the bottom half of each group plays for the Plate. Gives teams something to work towards.
Happy to cede to that if it is the majority opinion but not a huge fan of a single round robin especially in smaller groups - makes things a bit more about the luck of the draw as to who you get home and who you get away whereas a double round robin ensures parity in that regard.

If there was a Plate comp my preference would be for a knockout system similar to the Top half knockouts. Would ensure an unlucky randomisation of fixtures doesn't play an impact and would give more incentive for each position - even if there was an early split between top half and bottom half 5th spot would mean facing 8th in other group whereas 7th would mean facing 6th in other group so you would still want to maximise your results rather than just being resigned to playing the Plate comp where points start again from 0

JOJOXI

Also thoughts on 3 games a week? If we get 16 teams a double round robin of 1 big league would be 30 games - 3 games a week would make it just 10 weeks - less than the league phase for CWC8 but I understand it also might be intense in terms of match orders - we've only tried 3 games a week once before I think and that was in the initial phase of CWC6 but with just 6 games that was only 2 weeks of that intensity. I personally would be fine with 3 games a week and would probably do orders a few matches in advance - e.g. setting orders for the coming weeks games on a Sunday but appreciate it might be a bit hectic for some?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs and TNT obviously in.

I would prefer a 2 days a week competition. 3 days is a bit much. I’ve missed orders a couple of times this last season. Also prefer double round robin.