• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
2 run outs of the two best batsmen end the game early against Jura... ironically the only match up in the expert preview that I win, fielding.

Jupp run out... instead of Davidson. So 10 % chance now.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG are chasing 283. After losing two early wickets, Robin Oxley and Gregory Penn have somewhat stabilized the innings with a partnership of 107 (133) for the 3rd wicket, so far.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
That has to be one of my favourite wins of this CWC season... I knew one of Levy or Davidson needed a big score to get close. And with Levy and Davidson (I thought initially!!) run out in the first 3 overs was pretty pissed.... turned out Stumped lied to me and it was Jupp run out and there was still hope!

Great innings from Davidson, struggling this entire season with his touch but starting to turn it around. Coetzee showing his current form to help close it out. And great from Passmore to keep the total manageable. And Burger took that crucial wicket of Pickering, even though he did get carted a bit!

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

That has to be one of my favourite wins of this CWC season... I knew one of Levy or Davidson needed a big score to get close. And with Levy and Davidson (I thought initially!!) run out in the first 3 overs was pretty pissed.... turned out Stumped lied to me and it was Jupp run out and there was still hope!

Great innings from Davidson, struggling this entire season with his touch but starting to turn it around. Coetzee showing his current form to help close it out. And great from Passmore to keep the total manageable. And Burger took that crucial wicket of Pickering, even though he did get carted a bit!
That was an excellent chase

Congrats!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm lazy so i will cut n paste what I said to Stephen in the Stumped email site

Hi Stephen

Well done - it was an important game as it really squeezes Jura out of the 2 automatic qualifying spots - you and Free HK look good for those now

The pitch was an easy one so as i said to you here I felt 300 was the 250 (250 is my personal yardstick for a 50%/50% result. When we faltered in our last overs to 283 I saw that as reducing my win opportunity to around 45/55 - clearly that went up with the early wickets and run out but your middle order was always stronger than your top so the best was yet to come and u bat long-

Nonetheless a century is a fine performance in any competitive game and this game was certainly that - this was an important match - no fitness issues, no youth , no IGT I wanted to win it - so I take my hat off to you!

With just 5 games to go I think the two automatic qualifying spots are now if not awarded then the names are already engraved with a huge 8 point gap and superior RR

Lower down AtaraX Wellington are a fast and ever improving team but a very narrow defeat against the Geese means realistically (if not mathematically) they have dropped out of the running for a Top 6 slot - so we now have 7 teams chasing the 4 knock out spaces (imo lol!)

{Respect to SCC - as his teams with less than 400 XPV points between them both took shots at each others feet in the top 6 run in- no one can accuse him of putting up a dodgy team! :) :clap:)

SillyCowCorner1

{Respect to SCC - as his teams with less than 400 XPV points between them both took shots at each others feet in the top 6 run in- no one can accuse him of putting up a dodgy team! :) :clap:)

The competitive nature between both teams I like. And I love to set them up for a fight out.

Today Peter Sutherland just took off and no one could have stopped him.

The partnership between James and Uzair for Mooo was eye-catching, as they bashed Xenos (who had an excellent first half of the innings) at the end.

SillyCowCorner1

GG suffered a crushing loss today against a weaker opposition.

Our boys batted first and were bowled out for 69

They got to the target with lots of balls to spare and 9 wickets in hand.

Our NRR took a massive hit.

ataraxia

International Coach
AX-W v PP: two massive performances in the second innings. Vedula carried his bat for 101*, and John Ward finished with figures of 7–31. In over 1000 games played by both axes, this is the second-best bowling performance. It's the second 7-for – Ian Green recorded 7–7 once, in what was of course a bot bash. Vedula's knock was the Pirates' sixth century.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AX-W v PP: two massive performances in the second innings. Vedula carried his bat for 101*, and John Ward finished with figures of 7–31. In over 1000 games played by both axes, this is the second-best bowling performance. It's the second 7-for – Ian Green recorded 7–7 once, in what was of course a bot bash. Vedula's knock was the Pirates' sixth century.
Nice and even in the ratings too. PPs slowly developing.

ataraxia

International Coach
Bit of a hammering today for the TMOs against @ataraxia in T20s. Well done!
This was very much Nick Smith-helped lol. Otherwise the performance was ehhhh, but fun game. Your T20 bowling lineup seems interestingly inversed to me, with the best death bowlers up front. While against the pinch-hitting duo this isn't necessarily a bad strategy, but you saw how Smith was able to let loose against Coetzee lol

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This was very much Nick Smith-helped lol. Otherwise the performance was ehhhh, but fun game. Your T20 bowling lineup seems interestingly inversed to me, with the best death bowlers up front. While against the pinch-hitting duo this isn't necessarily a bad strategy, but you saw how Smith was able to let loose against Coetzee lol
I have not really setup for T20s at the moment. I keep playing Coetzee like I would Nacana but he is not there yet. And with both Musa and Davidson having bad touch this season the batting has really struggled.

I’ve actually been playing dev players in my T20 competition as they need the game time and I struggle with conditioning on some important players while I’m still in the cup. See where I stand it a few weeks but I don’t mind tanking my T20 this season.