• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I ****ed up my orders in a pretty important game... on my home track its just generally better to bat first. And I forgot to change that from last weeks orders bowling first, when I was playing away. It could cost me huge here. Very Very frustrating.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I ****ed up my orders in a pretty important game... on my home track its just generally better to bat first. And I forgot to change that from last weeks orders bowling first, when I was playing away. It could cost me huge here. Very Very frustrating.
I feel your pain 'King of the Swingers'; its a horrible schoolboy error which reflects its Stumped pain only on our self...I have done just the same last night. Logged in just now, looked down and saw a decent first innings score but then my managerial heart sank as i saw my best medium pacer had batted........ scroll further down (yes this is my childish way of gaining excitement by reviewing a match I havent been around for if you were wondering, cant be doing with the review/replay thing) and the keeper has bowled his overs and he has of course kept wicket!!! Aaaaggh

You then think what if I had set my orders .....

Well i haven't set default orders because ideally you need different teams for home and away, pitches, lengths of match and fitness levels - BUT I guess any team set as default is better than one you don't pick so maybe i should accept that i am going to forget 1/20 and set default

BUT how does default work - the same team rolls out for every match? what would happen if you picked a team of 22+ players and then forgot an upcoming DEV match? would the ME just disregard your default and spit out a random collection of your DEV players?

Enjoy your day!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs batsmen seriously need to stop losing wickets to dodgy finger spinners and run outs... particularly at home.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Probably gonna lose from here as Musa is not in good form. And getting out to dodgy deliveries is the TMOs way... those two run outs killed the chase.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
#BQdoesNotMatter

And even more frustrating is that having lost this game (which they really should have won) Levy is going to be in poor condition going into the Cup game.

ataraxia

International Coach
Well i haven't set default orders because ideally you need different teams for home and away, pitches, lengths of match and fitness levels - BUT I guess any team set as default is better than one you don't pick so maybe i should accept that i am going to forget 1/20 and set default

BUT how does default work - the same team rolls out for every match? what would happen if you picked a team of 22+ players and then forgot an upcoming DEV match? would the ME just disregard your default and spit out a random collection of your DEV players?

Enjoy your day!
I barely bother to change my default for most games lol. You get can make up a default for each of the three formats.

cnerd123

likes this
13-ball 50 for Butler v ZCC :lol:
didn't set orders, so not too bad a result tbh. Ideally we'd have Naeem Ashraf bowling in conditions like these, with Chester taking the new ball.

Didn't set orders for CWC7 either, but we've gotten away with that somehow!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TNT we’re having a good crack against the Astros but that Lang hat trick will put an end to that..

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMO remain unbeaten in CWC7, but FHK have just pipped them for 1st place! They've taken a bonus point out of all 9 games so far, while TMO have only managed 4. The Stumped points system screwing TMO over here.
Hopefully @ataraxia can do me a favour in the final run… just happy to have got through the FHK, Jura and Geese 3 game run.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward, Mooo have to play the AA’s and GG will do battle against ATX-W (a team that I admire a lot)

Both games start at 00:00 (just a few hours away)

trying to see how players on both sides perform against a team that’s not owned my Moooo CC

ataraxia

International Coach
Two very different CWC games there:

A runfest with Simmonds a run-a-ball strike-deprived unbeaten century (now 646 runs at 80.75 in the comp, 3 100s), with Rusty following Butler into smacking action, before good bowling (Daly 6) brought about five points. We'll do our best to secure a point against FHK next time, don't you worry!

So a little aside: Rusty Frost's batting skills are distributed 12–9–14. So bat him #6, you yell. He has the opener trait also. So bat him #1, you yell. But actually he's performed best at #4. Been genuinely gun there. (which he hasn't been anywhere else lol) Normally he enters in the 18th over or something, and might belt a really helpful run-a-ball 40. Here he came in in the 37th over and well 58 (25). When I put him at #4 it was a last-ditch effort, with a surplus of attacking batsmen, but it has actually been great. From bowling all-rounder to OD 4!

Meanwhile, on a tough wicket, AX-W grinded it out after being shambling at 13–4. Hurst and O'Callaghan saved us then, before an 8th-wicket partnership of 51 (111) transpired. Of those 111 deliveries, #9 Townshend faced 76. Needless to say, 161–9 was easily overhauled by the Pirates.

AX-W did really well to earlier beat GG (what a knock from young Afzaal ul-Haq!) and Moooo, hopefully we can continue like so.