• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
News Flash - Sampath still sucks
You're just going to have to accept that's a good performance from him I reckon. Excellent stamina to allow him to bowl 9 overs so close, and sporting a bloody terrific BQ for a death bowler. Bowling most of his overs directly after Younis, Chester on a greenie, and Ahsan he'll leak, but what I've found is that you've got to accept he won't stem the tide of runs in SODs, and 3–60 is actually a fine performance.

I'd even say what he did there was matchwinning. If you sell him I will (actually, for realz) make a commitment to buy him as Daly's replacement.

cnerd123

likes this
You're just going to have to accept that's a good performance from him I reckon. Excellent stamina to allow him to bowl 9 overs so close, and sporting a bloody terrific BQ for a death bowler. Bowling most of his overs directly after Younis, Chester on a greenie, and Ahsan he'll leak, but what I've found is that you've got to accept he won't stem the tide of runs in SODs, and 3–60 is actually a fine performance.

I'd even say what he did there was matchwinning. If you sell him I will (actually, for realz) make a commitment to buy him as Daly's replacement.
So in last night's SOD game he came on to bowl in the 25th over with the score at 88/4 on a 70/24/57 deck with 87 cloud cover. Bit of a road at this point, sure, but their asking rate was a run-a-ball. Two good batters that were in form, sure, but one was on 15 off 22 and the other - a Slow Starter - on 2 off 4. He went on to leak 32 runs in his 5 overs. At the other end we conceded 1/27, all by spin. The Slow Starting allrounder got out to a false attacking shot vs Younis, and was replaced by another decent in-form allrounder. Heshan dropped a hard chance behind the stumps off Chester the over after Sampath's fifth.

I think to some extent you can credit the pressure he built with his BQ, even if his numbers didn't reflect it, but he gave away runs with loose balls. A 3/10 slower ball went for four, a 6/10 ball on legstump got worked away, and then a 9/10 got Sweetly hit by the set in-form batter. It might have been worse if we did not have such defensive fields, but the flip side then is he was milked fairly easily for 1s and 2s.

His 2nd spell was better, but because he was bowling at the tail. They needed 65 in 60 with the set batter only having 9/10/11 for company. Sampath bowled a noball at the batter that got hit for 4, and the following ball was hit for 4 as well, but he ended the over with the wicket of the #9. He then got the #10 in his next over, and Ahsan cleaned up the #11 right after that. His second spell was 4-0-20-2. This did include several dot balls against the set batter too tbf, but if he was bowling against two set batters I doubt he'd have emerged with much credit.

He's not as good as a better-balanced 44 skill bowler. One of those players who's total skills flatters his actual performances. The low accuracy does hurt.

In today's Friendly he had a much better outing. 81/62/60 wicket with 70 cloud and we were bowling first and their top order got off to an incredible start. He came on with the score 131/1 in 24 overs, and then bowled 5 overs for just 10 and a wicket. Was a huge factor in us pulling them back to 220, which ultimately was too much because our batting imploded. But he did his job, 9-1-26-2 overall.

In both games I think Danial Ahsan was much more key tho. 2 cheap wickets last night and 4/16 this time. I think I've absolutely nailed his bowling role heh.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG about to restrict ATX to a score I think we can change, but it’ll be tough against their bowlers.

Mooo are racing away to a score somewhere near 300.
Hadi Hafeez is on the verge of getting his century, but only two overs remain.

SillyCowCorner1

After a Century run opening partnership, GG CC is being choked and constricted by ATX’s spinner.

146/5 in the 30th over, in pursuit of 251.

Mooo just picked up their 6th wicket against PPs. They are 97/6 now and they are chasing 298

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I know you have all been worried about the draconian 'boot camp' training methods of 'The Wild Geese' and how (new recruit), baby faced 16 year old wicket keeper 'Wayne' Rooney has been getting along.

I'm pleased to say he is still here and his stamina has improved from 0 to 1 !!! At the moment (admittedly on a very small sample size!) we can say his fitness recovery level is coming on leaps and bounds ........ he now averages (up from 2.5) a daily 3% RR (recovery rate)! :sweat:

In fact with a bounce to an Experience of 1 - he has developed a wicket to wicket strut between overs , although with captaincy ability of 0 , no one is taking the slightest notice of his behind the stumps advice to the bowlers!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just to talk about overpriced market... I sold Waldo for just short of $450K in July last year. I thought he was nicely if slightly over priced and was happy... Decent lower order hitting. Can be a nice 5th bowler, with great fielding and bullet arm. But Stamina is terrible and will drastically effect his output. Selling now for just under $900K... see where he ends up by tonight. But that is seriously expensive to me.

SillyCowCorner1

My young calves with do battle with the Geese today. I’m expecting a blowout loss.

So I will be playing a few youngsters who’ve not been playing but been in the squad.

Dalton who is gonna be making his DEV debut, & Teague who is an excellent prospect who’s been with the squad for 4 months but played little

cnerd123

likes this
But that is seriously expensive to me.
Yea it definitely feels like every club in Stumped has more money than ZCC atm! FHK sitting on a cool 9 mill tho.

ZCC now facing another season eliminated from the running of the CWC Finals. Only 3 wins with 4 losses. Been an absolute horror run in what should be our strongest format. Several meetings have been held of late between the GM, Board of Directors, the coaching staff (Navin Muthukrishn, Kieran Gooch, Naseer Rashid) and captain Danial Ahsan on how to arrest the slide. The focus hasn't only been on finding success in the short term, but also selection policies and progression plans for the future. New transfers seem unlikely, due to the tight financial situation at the once prosperous club.

FHK, on the other hand, have cruised to their 6th consecutive win in CWC7, following their loss to the sill unbeaten TMO side in Round 1. Plenty of tough challenges ahead tho.

The goal for us is to finish in the Top 7 right? Moooo currently hold that spot with 19 points. One win away from 4th and 9th spot. Competition is fierce in the middle of the table.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Yea it definitely feels like every club in Stumped has more money than ZCC atm! FHK sitting on a cool 9 mill tho.

ZCC now facing another season eliminated from the running of the CWC Finals. Only 3 wins with 4 losses. Been an absolute horror run in what should be our strongest format. Several meetings have been held of late between the GM, Board of Directors, the coaching staff (Navin Muthukrishn, Kieran Gooch, Naseer Rashid) and captain Danial Ahsan on how to arrest the slide. The focus hasn't only been on finding success in the short term, but also selection policies and progression plans for the future. New transfers seem unlikely, due to the tight financial situation at the once prosperous club.

FHK, on the other hand, have cruised to their 6th consecutive win in CWC7, following their loss to the sill unbeaten TMO side in Round 1. Plenty of tough challenges ahead tho.

The goal for us is to finish in the Top 7 right? Moooo currently hold that spot with 19 points. One win away from 4th and 9th spot. Competition is fierce in the middle of the table.
Nice write up on the behind the scene machinations of the great ZCC - just goes to show every Empire has its day , though unlike real life , I think an Empre or team can come back - we arew more cyclical in nature than history!

Top 6 i think Z.or.ax Top2 qualify automatically for KO places and then 3 to 6 fight it out (3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5) to join 1 and 2 in the semi finals ... i think

SillyCowCorner1

Well played - we were decimated by the Funky Gibbon! Hamid made a vital contribution at the end when the ship was in port but needed to be anchored!
Gibbon really hung in there.
There was a period where the RRR got to 7 and I was feeling really nervous…that’s when Hamid smacked 2 sixes in the over and from there on it was smooth sailing

SillyCowCorner1

It’s Mooo v GG in today’s CWC7 matchup.

Moo are batting first and are currently on 191/5 in the 44th over with Bart Way making 77 with support from Mike Warfield who also made a half century. The platform has been laid for the finishers in Uzair and James to do their thing.

BTW, Alex Xenos’s figures are 6.1-2-8-1