• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Shri

Mr. Glass
hey guys if you all want to get rid of good players who are excess to requirements pls sell them to me for 1k ?

or it would be better if we have a loan system where i can give them game time instead

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Pulled a slow starter ... looked it up on Help and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense (maybe a typo?)

Has less effect of the settling in period but aggression very limited early in the innings

Can anyone shed any light on what this is trying to say?

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
hey guys if you all want to get rid of good players who are excess to requirements pls sell them to me for 1k ?

or it would be better if we have a loan system where i can give them game time instead
I like that concept Mr Glass a sort of loan system where you pay the wages and they get game time = although it is more football than cricket - also it is probably riddled with more holes than a piece of Swiss Cheese in terms of how it would impact the game and ME (but I am not clever enough to work them out!) - but you are certainly jumping around outside the box!

PS BTW did everyone see the post from Wicker on youth pulls - I don't agree with his requirements but we have all felt the pain of a barren run of pulls- it was interesting though and relevant to that little sample we did of our Youth success rate % recently - in terms of what James018 had to say!

PPS - Free Hong Kong have landed on Jura this afternoon for the CWC Final tomorrow. In the spirit of goodwill we laid on a big dinner for them including Cart Noodles, Beef Brisket Noodles, Fish Balls and Egg Waffle. However we got it slightly wrong when we served them Pineapple Buns made out of pineapple - apparently this refers to the design of the bread bun, not what it is made of!!

We were not able to provide HK-pop or opera after the dinner and speeches, but our guests enjoyed the Scottish Dancing , playing of the bagpipes and some 'black humour' comedy sketches we put on for their entertainment and amusement.

ataraxia

International Coach
Pulled a slow starter ... looked it up on Help and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense (maybe a typo?)

Has less effect of the settling in period but aggression very limited early in the innings

Can anyone shed any light on what this is trying to say?
Slow starters start their innings defensively but more safely.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think he would tbh. The market's been pickier recently - and while a 44 pot bat is good, that's about the worst secondaries imaginable.

Still a decent player with a gun name.
Hmmm, pickier for sure but I haven’t seen a 43+ pot bat go for cheap in a long long time and trust me, I’ve been watching. Think 44 plus the fact he’s 15 so an extra year of Dev would see him go for a fair amount still.