• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So won my second last game against my last human opponent in the T20 league today... provided I don't stuff up against bot next week I will be moving to div 2 next season! yay!

ataraxia

International Coach
I'm 3rd in my div 2 T20 league! I've been on the edge of demotion for most of the season so it feels sweet to not have a final game with heavy pressure. Was actually 2nd lowest on the ExP at the start of the season, so it's a very good result. Feel like my T20 tactics are on point now.

I'm safe in div 2 Dev as well, but div 3 SOD promotion is looking highly unlikely. So I'll be in the same divisions as last season. Which is a pretty solid result.

A Frost-Saadi opening partnership of old has fetched me a Dev win against the Astronauts. Rusty hit 57 (58) and Ghous 58* (72) in his 50th Dev friendly (Rusty's was his 51st Dev friendly).

21 pops for my affiliate. May be an AX record.

cnerd123

likes this
FHK vs ZCC at the Dom Dom Memorial CG today. Typically grassy wicket, touch of wear and not too quick. ZCC going in with young BD Nat allrounder prospect Ghous Ghani in place of ex-BD Nat allrounder Hashim Zahid for today's friendly. FHK have left out LOY for Bikswing Nouding, bringing the veteran seamer back to his favourite hunting ground against his former side. Harry Hadden will also make his first ever appearance in ZCC colours.

ZCC won the toss and chose to bat. 60K ratings for both teams (!). ZCC slight favourites - 62k vs 60k, playing at home and won the toss.

Openers added 59, but the in-form Ted Hui broke that partnership by sending Sajith back LBW for 16. Shahbaz fell a few overs later, LBW as well to Bikswing Nouding. Zack and Heshan added 48 runs, including a massive six from Zack against Bikswing, who then got his revenge by cleaning up his stumps the very next ball! Raun now out in the middle with Heshan, ZCC 136/3 in 34 overs.

Bowling's been very tight by FHK. Bikswing has just finished his 10 for 2/34, avg ball quality of 7.3. Wonderful stuff. Pong Nam bowled his 6 overs for just 14, and Lester Shum 5 for 15. Wickets in hand with a slightly longer batting lineup, so hopefully we can kick on and get something around 250.

cnerd123

likes this
What a dominant performance by FHK!

The last 16 overs of ZCC's innings didn't go as they would have liked. Despite Raun batting through for an unbeaten fifty, they lost 5 wickets for 102 runs in that phase. Ted Hui nabbed 3 more to finish with 4/52 in his 10, while Kovrig and Chow each picked up a run-out.

Chasing just 239 to win, Qasim Abdullah and Agnes Chow (44 off 65) put on a 77 run partnership in 18.2 overs. Ghous Ghani didn't really impress in his first appearance with the senior side in this format, while Sampath had a rare off day, which meant that ZCC failed to take wickets with the new ball. Conditions got easier for batting, as they usually do once the ball loses its shine here, and FHK cantered home quite comfortably. Qasim went on to score 63, and there were runs from Tony Chung (46 off 52), Tin Yau (49* off just 35) and Nathan Law (31* off just 19!). Harry Hadden had a tough first outing, with an average ball quality of 3.2, though he did pick up his first ever wicket for the club. Only Chung Yiu posed any threat from the ZCC bowlers, taking 2/41 in his 9 overs, as FHK knocked off the runs with more than 8 overs to spare!

Lots of questions to solve here for ZCC. No doubt having Hashim Zahid in the attack would raise the bowling quality, but the batting lineup continues to misfire. 238 was below par, needed to get more runs there.

cnerd123

likes this
No batting woes for ZCC in the SOD today! 302/8 batting first on a slow dry wicket, mainly thanks to 221-run opening partnership between Sajith D Estandau (126 off 125) and Shahbaz Furqan (88 off 112)! Lost a lot of wickets at the death but still got past the 300 mark - good IGT all round.

We now have them 100/2 in 21 overs. Decent start but lot of cricket left to be played. Harry Hadden 4-2-14-1 in his first spell in competitive cricket for ZCC. Average ball quality 8.3! This wicket is right up his ally. His remaining 6 overs will be important. Big game for us to avoid relegation this season.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Not very pleased about my SOD today.

And I literally don't understand why or how this happens in terms of quality. I do really think that the rng of the game engine just get sets to high for the sake of it. And when you are trying to get promotion it is pretty horrible.
So after some heavy Gambihring, rng hit again, with Ncanana and Tigwell going nuts lower down the order to take me to an easy win!!

cnerd123

likes this
So after some heavy Gambihring, rng hit again, with Ncanana and Tigwell going nuts lower down the order to take me to an easy win!!
just seems like your opponent's batters happened to come on and bowl when conditions got easier to bat on and your lower order cashed in. Top order wobbles can always happen on grassy decks against the new ball.

A final over loss for ZCC :( Came down to 6 needed in the last over with 2 wickets in hand. First ball dot, 2nd ball six. Real nailbiter, haven't gone through comms yet but it seems like we bowled really well overall. One missed stumping that perhaps cost us, but otherwise we took all our chances in the field. Also the loads of wickets we lost in the death preventing us from getting around 310-315. 302 was perhaps just par. Close game against a good side (top of the table in fact) in conditions that don't suit us, but we really needed those points.

The 1 up 3 down system is quite cruel tbh. Makes it really hard to stay in Div 2 even if you've got a good team. A couple of bad days in the season and you're back struggling in Div 3, where the only way back up is to be essentially perfect.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think the RNG's about right. There seems to be more upsets than in real life but over a season it levels itself out. It's no fun for new teams often when it's very hard to win a game against a human. But definitely can be frustrating. Take this one for example, with a MAS of 114 lol.

On the other hand, a 17 skill batsman hit a 100 against a bot in my SOD this week on 9 aggression. That bot's an especially easy beat; played it 6 times now and won respectively by 257, 243, 360, 246, 272, and 287 runs.

CWC4.2 matches are currently being played.

ataraxia

International Coach
AX-W vs AAs: we have a rating advantage. Get your orders in @Marcuss! John Ward got five and Juan Goliath three as they were skittled for 146. A couple of run outs propelled the collapse, but a good 8th-wicket partnership got Ashgrove to a semi-respectable total. In reply, my openers have reached 50 without loss against a quality bowling lineup.

WCC vs HHs: three thirties from the Winton top order went unconverted; Chunky Kuttikad running a couple of batters out. 177 looks chasable. The Honest openers are finding it easy so far.

Moo vs JoJ: opener Lawrie Milbank compiled 46 (81), and Dylan Batty hit 62* (64). JOJO were all out for 190 off the last ball of the innings. Star bowler was Chaten Kurupath, with 4-27 off his 10 overs. Moooo have lost a couple of wickets early in the chase.

AXI vs WoB: the bot bash mismatch has resulted in my highest friendly score. Kurt Murdoch top scored with 96 (77), agonisingly out in the last over after four consecutive sixes. His second-highest score; highest being in a bot bash, albeit a T20! 100 not out then.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nice close win by TMOs against The Buy Ins today in the CWC match. Unexpected victory after only scoring 240, and just managing to defend.

cnerd123

likes this
Good wins for ZCC and FHK in the CWC4 today! Both playing away from home, but FHK's win perhaps most impressive. Bikswing Nouding is such a great addition to the side.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So do I upgrade my ground? Current 8000 seater that I`m maxing out frequently. I am going up to div 2 in both T20 and SOD. Development staying at 3rd. However I do not expect to stay in 2nd division this coming season (got a little lucky in both my 3rd divisions leagues). My money is currently tight where I make a small profit most week, but my income is pretty much just covering my expenses.

If I increase my ground I should get some nice income for awhile in 2nd division, but I expect to not win many games and thus my support will drop. And then I don't want to be back in 3rd div and have to regrow my support, with a stadium that I can't afford. So back to original question do I upgrade my stadium? What have you guys found happens moving between divisions and cost?

cnerd123

likes this
So do I upgrade my ground? Current 8000 seater that I`m maxing out frequently. I am going up to div 2 in both T20 and SOD. Development staying at 3rd. However I do not expect to stay in 2nd division this coming season (got a little lucky in both my 3rd divisions leagues). My money is currently tight where I make a small profit most week, but my income is pretty much just covering my expenses.

If I increase my ground I should get some nice income for awhile in 2nd division, but I expect to not win many games and thus my support will drop. And then I don't want to be back in 3rd div and have to regrow my support, with a stadium that I can't afford. So back to original question do I upgrade my stadium? What have you guys found happens moving between divisions and cost?
Do it. It's a big caprital cost, but the weekly expensive aren't much and you'll get more income. Maybe upgrade by just 1 or 2k.

I wasn't as smart with ZCC. Got a massive 20k seater that's often half empty :p The most I've sold in it recently is 14.9k. 1460 jubilant fans and it was a T20 home game.

Costs too much to demolish seats so I just keep them in the hope that one day we can fill them up...

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bram Human’s replacement in the youth setup, Nalin Mandhatri, has been disappointing so far.

He’s got a batting potential of 44; currently at 24.
His skill is ‘Opener’…I’ve opened with him in majority of games, and his returns have been woeful.

6F4D3822-DB66-4513-AB29-725BAA10CDC8.jpeg
Any tips?

ataraxia

International Coach
@SillyCowCorner1 it's a really good player you've got; trained well, he could play T20Is for Bangladesh. Doesn't help him that GG CC hardly play T20s lol.

With Rusty Frost, who is a similar batsman, he opens and plays on 9 aggression - trying to get him to play as few defensive shots as possible. And it's worked fairly well with Rusty. Another thing that'll help with that is to get Mandhatri on aggressive batting (not shot selection) so that he becomes gung-ho.