• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Having registered my team 'Chips Mwitu' earlier in the week I have finally knuckled down and set defaults for my matches, and I am in the process of setting up training. I wonder on how many orders this is more complex than Battrick, or the late Cricket Champioship?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Went very attacking in a SOD for Charminster vs a BOT - the hope was being super aggressive would see us bowled out for a mediocre but comfortably winning total vs a BOT and they'd be able to bat out more overs so more IGT for our bowlers and everyone from number 1-11 gets a bat.

Everyone from 1-11 did get a bat but wasn't expecting us to get 529 all out. In fairness 9 of our batters got 162 runs between them plus an additional 60 extras. But our best 2 bats both got big scores - Fairhurst 204 not out off 96 and Yavatkar 103 off 61.

Edit - MAS was 544

ataraxia

International Coach
Having registered my team 'Chips Mwitu' earlier in the week I have finally knuckled down and set defaults for my matches, and I am in the process of setting up training. I wonder on how many orders this is more complex than Battrick, or the late Cricket Champioship?
Great to have a new player. It's a complicated game in comparison to others of its type (I've heard) but to get to understand the basics isn't too difficult. Play your young, high potential players as much as you can, and give them coaching too, and you're well on the way. There's the main Help guide and Rosewarne's supplementary one, and of course ask any questions here.

One great thing is that you've joined in the Asia timezone, which is by far the easiest of the lot!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
5 matches to go in the group phase of CWC9

1686361747630.png

ataraXIa with just 2 defeats in 21 look well set to qualify for the top 2 with a 10 point advantage over Free HK in 3rd. Their game later today at home to Jura CC could be pivotal with a home win going a long way to virtually guaranteeing ataraXIa's passage directly into the semi-finals whilst also hampering second-placed Jura CC's top 2 hopes. Free HK who trail Jura CC by 4 points and Zor*x CC who trail 2nd placed Jura by 8 points will still harbour hopes of a top 2 finish but face potentially tricky ties themselves away at 5th placed Moooo and 6th placed Ashgrove Astronauts respectively, both sides who will be seeking to strenghten their grips on a top 6 playoff spot.

However, competition for 2nd may be a bit more tense with Jura CC (86), Free HK (82) and Zor*x CC (78) separated by 8pts.

Meanwhile, The Merry Orangutans (54pts) and The Wild Geese (51pts) will hope to maintain their slim hopes of a top 6 finish heading into their matches later today hosting GG CC (10th) and travelling to Plymouth Pirates (11th) respectively.

Further down the league, 2 points separate Charminster CC (22pts) and Plymouth Pirates and The Net Theorists (both 24pts) as they battle to avoid the 2nd bottom spot.

HOME/AWAYATARAXIAJURAFREE HKZOR*XMOOOOASHGROVETMO'SWILD-GEESEATARAX WGG CCPLYMOUTH TNTCHARMINSTERWINTON
ATARAXIA//////////10/JUN24/JUN17/JUN
JURA////////17/JUN24/JUN13/JUN
FREE HK///////24/JUN13/JUN
ZOR*X////////13/JUN20/JUN
MOOOO10/JUN24/JUN//////////17/JUN
ASHGROVE10/JUN////////////13/JUN20/JUN
TMO'S20/JUN////////10/JUN
WILD-GEESE20/JUN13/JUN///////
ATARAX W17/JUN/////////10/JUN
GG CC13/JUN////////20/JUN
PLYMOUTH17/JUN20/JUN10/JUN/////////////
TNT17/JUN24/JUN////////10/JUN
CHARMINSTER24/JUN////////////////17/JUN
WINTON13/JUN20/JUN24/JUN//////////

Home is vertical axis, away horizontal axis. It is in league position order - so easier fixture list means your fixtures are further to the bottom and to the right, tougher fixtures closer to the top and left.

A couple of thoughts

The Wild Geese with a lot of ground to make up but minus their home game v sister club Jura CC, they've got a nice fixture list. At home to Moooo on the 13th June - a game they'll see as an opportunity to make up some of the points deficit as well as 3 away games vs the bottom 4.

The Net Theorists and Charminster CC seem better placed in terms of nicer home fixtures compared to Plymouth Pirates - with the fixtures and 2 points advantage The Net Theorists seem decently placed to avoid 2nd bottom.

ataraxia

International Coach
Lost that game lol after a great big collapse, but did manage to hack out a bonus point from nowhere thanks to Ludlow randomly bopping four consecutive offie balls for six (at one stage he was 32 [8]). Convincing victory for Jura, anyhow.

ataraxia

International Coach
Similar situation in my Cup game. Was very happy with the Smith- and Butler-aided 290, but it was dealt with with ease by the world no. 2. Ah well.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TNT managed to win there dev game today in really good fashion, so should guarantee me dev 1.1. Much earlier than TMOs ever achieved. TNTs much younger and much further developed, by comparison... more money in the bank. Hopefully push for higher honours in two seasons time.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I need some help and or confirmation on my taught regarding my youth bowling options , can I ask here ?
Ok so i have 6 bowling options in my youth setup with them shown below :

Constantijn Goosen: Poker faced and the only true top level potential bowler i have .

Acc 8/19
Mov 8/14
Var 6/16

Thomas Bernstein : Great secondaries in Poker faced and death bowler however the physical skills is not the best for them . One of the three I'm considering letting go .

Acc 14/15
Mov 11/14
Var 10/14

Kevin Afrika :Economical and a potential T20 monster at the death .

Acc 12/17
Mov 8/9
Var 12/18

Tashinga Bhengu : Bowling all rounder and decent spinner with a good secondary in Bullet arm with 11/15 fielding skill

SS 8/14
Def 7/11
Att 7/10

Acc 10/12
Mov 13/16
Var 12/15

Iwan Marais : Decent all rounder and a spinner which suits my build however lowish skills and one of the 3 I'm considering . Good Batting distribution for an attacking late order bat .

SS 8/15
Def 7/9
Att 5/17

Acc 9/15
Mov 9/16
Var 8/10

Aiden Bottram : The new pull that has me hurting my brain Late bloomer but with superstar , decent potential that would translate well to death bowling and T20 .

Acc 8/16
Mov 4/10
Var 5/18

I am hurting my brain on this , leaning toward letting go either Marias or Bernstein , then i go back and I'm second guessing letting the new pull go because of superstar etc and looking at the batting of Marias and the secondaries of Bernstein , then suddenly Africa comes into the fray as a potential drop . I need some soundboard or alternative opinions here Please . .

If you need to check them out more my squad is open for view . Please help me .