• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
All my teams doing alright at the moment... the test will be The Cup! Made some solid acquisitions for the TNTs... but still unsure about direction and what is my best squad/team at this stage. Still dealing with coaching situation first.

Davidson scoring Runs for TMOs is much needed and desired. Hopefully he continues on that path. Coetzee keeps playing some great cameos... Still lots of development needed for him. Thanks for the game @Marcuss

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Was unsure if he has or has not fully left... seems to have sold lots from a big squad, but still has what I assumed was a rebuilding young squad and lots (and lots) of money from his sales at least! Still active until a few days ago. Hopefully it not a total quitting...
He told me in a mail he was quitting - said he was bored with the lack of development - I told him if he wanted a new challenge he could mentor me but for some unknown reason that did not appeal :(

He was a nice guy - always had a good word or a piece of advice now and again. Been playing a long time though, its kind of natural that some will leave anyway and like he said if the game doesn't develop (I don't think achievements 2 years ago can really be called development or an achievement!)

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Splashed out 250k on a coach, went to bed leading the bidding at 2k, returned with someone else having bid 3k and set a max bid of 250k it turns out!

ataraxia

International Coach
Winton vs AXI fr. DEV: we outrated them but they outplayed us. Dee was the only one to get going with 79 (105), and strong death bowling cut 20 runs off our total. They looked like they might struggle to get to 189, but a partnership between Tweddle and Mayer of 118* (78) proved otherwise. They got there in 30 overs and 1 ball. Well played.

AXI vs GG fr. OD: poor performance from the AXI engine room here. Despite a fairly quick 115-run partnership between Simmonds and Murdoch, we could only manage 192. Ludlow gets Levy caught behind driving, but GG are still favourites here.

JOJOXI

So regarding CWC5 - I should have a bit more time on my hands from June onwards. If @Magrat Garlick is still busy I can take the lead and run this one? Unless any other volunteers?
I'm happy to set it up this Friday - I can use T20 specific rankings on Stumped to draw the groups with top 2 sides being top seeds, 3rd and 4th being 2nd seeds etc down to 17th and 18th sides being 9th seeds.

I had a look a week or so back and I think there is a place I can add a co-host so could add you there.

JOJOXI

Winton vs AXI fr. DEV: we outrated them but they outplayed us. Dee was the only one to get going with 79 (105), and strong death bowling cut 20 runs off our total. They looked like they might struggle to get to 189, but a partnership between Tweddle and Mayer of 118* (78) proved otherwise. They got there in 30 overs and 1 ball. Well played.

AXI vs GG fr. OD: poor performance from the AXI engine room here. Despite a fairly quick 115-run partnership between Simmonds and Murdoch, we could only manage 192. Ludlow gets Levy caught behind driving, but GG are still favourites here.
Thanks for the game Ataraxia - think the wickets certainly didn't help - as with a late surge you might have got 210/220 which I think would have been awkward-tough for us to chase especially as we went in with an extra bowler rather than trying to smuggle more overs from Tweddle.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm happy to set it up this Friday - I can use T20 specific rankings on Stumped to draw the groups with top 2 sides being top seeds, 3rd and 4th being 2nd seeds etc down to 17th and 18th sides being 9th seeds.

I had a look a week or so back and I think there is a place I can add a co-host so could add you there.
Go for it! Maybe PM me a screenshot of how you set up the group stage competitions on Stumped - I feel like with 9 teams it might get a bit screwy.

cnerd123

likes this
Welp, forgot to set FHK's orders for today and we're playing 3 spinners on a seam wicket. Plus not opening with Agnes Chow, and are 21/2 in the powerplay now. This won't end well.