• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moo are currently playing GG in a late night encounter. 40 over Friendly. Moo bowling first and my favorite player on Stumped, Lahiru Vethanayagam, just got rid of the dangerous Bram Human.

GG are 10/1 after 4 overs.

SillyCowCorner1

Second one down!

Vethanayagam snatches the second wicket. Ahsan Hafeez have to take the long walk back to the pavilion for a disappointing 3 off 17 balls.

GG are 12/2

SillyCowCorner1

GG are in a spot of bother here. Half of the side out with only 70 on the board.

2 run outs by Veenstra and McCormack have stalled the GG push. They are now down to Aat Bernstein and all rounder Kasun Obeysekere.

ataraxia

International Coach
Shanuka Kurusumuttu doing the big bad go slow for DySch against me, 30 (98) lol.

Also clocked 48K for the first time. Schmaltzberg aren't far off, 47.7K.

ataraxia

International Coach
Kurusumuttu's vigil has come to end; he finally misjudged one off senior seamer Jasper Davey and Liam Kotze took a comfortable catch. His 34 (109) was also fantastic in ways of strike-farming, meaning that almost 2/3 of the way through the innings the Schmaltzberg run rate is below 3. :laugh:

ataraxia

International Coach
Should be a simple target. Well, with my batting you never know. I could chase 260 in these conditions or be bundled out for 130.

My coaches have decided to put extra work in to what I believe is my club's season anniversary. 20 pops, notably:
  • Steve Ludlow with a couple of pops to bring him to 33 skill out of 45. Pretty pleased with the seamer, one of my original squad. He's almost out of Dev, but with late bloomer he'll get pops through most of his 20s. The hope with him is that he'll manage to represent New Zealand, if only briefly.
  • Michael Winton, also 21, also 45 pot, also multiple pops, goes to 27 bat skill and 6 fielding.
  • Kurt Murdoch, a MOB, becomes my second homegrown player to 30 skill.
  • Rusty Frost gets an attack pop to push him up to 28 skill.
  • Richard Simmonds, a top-order prospect, gets a couple pops to get him to 23 bat.
  • The lower-order batting gets a boost: Juan Goliath gets a pop to 15 skill, Eddie Oakes to 17 skill, and keeper Zac Chambers to 15 skill.

ataraxia

International Coach
Made it by four wickets and 4.1 overs. No bowler was easy to get away in the game, look at the highest scores:
  • Ghous Saadi: 47 (87)
  • Shawn Dee: 40 (66)
  • Bill Manning: 35 (64)
  • Shanuka Kurusumuttu: 34 (109)!
  • Nicky Clift: 25* (47)
A nice little game of singles. Cool stuff.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Congrats @ataraxia , very calmly played by the team. Backed up the captain's choice to bowl as well.

Morpork beat a Div 1 team in a friendly, needed 38 for the last three wickets but Fouche jr saw it home. Openers Mthabela and McGrath also did very well, McGrath clearly trying to get back in the first XI in place of Waters or Kotze.

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC well ahead in Semi Final 1 of the CWC2. Sajith D Estandau hit 58 off 48 balls and there were a few 20s to get us to 152/6 in our 20 overs. Schmaltzberg are now 47/4 in 8.

Semi Final 2 starts in a couple of hours - smart money will be on Morpork to triumph at home against an out-of-sorts FHK side.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Owen and Forbes bowled well, otherwise the sticky dog was too hot to handle. Disappointing way to go out for Schmaltzberg, but tbf better teams have been skittled for 89 by ZCC.

Ratings semifinals:

Estandau 8, Zahid 6, Shkorer 7, Yattack 0, Furqan 7, de Melho 7, Jalal 6, Chester 7, Giddings 8, Ramalingam 9, Yiu 7
Goonewardene 0, Potgieter 4, Kurusumuttu 4, Msomi 3, Pewar 5, Manning 7, Owen 6, McGill 6, Forbes 7, Ancell 4, Scott 3

cnerd123

likes this
FHK in all sorts of trouble. 66/4 in 11 overs on a flat but quick wicket. Kovrig and Law both dismissed for 1st-ball ducks, lots of pressure on skipper Tin Yau and the lower/middle order here.

cnerd123

likes this
Solid recovery to 146, Tin Yau with a really good 50 and Spavor rescuing us with 32*

Still an under par score one feels. Morpork could cruise this.

cnerd123

likes this
1.2.Spavor to Waters127 kph
8/10​
missing offattackskewedKovrig DROPPED a tough chance in the infield!

Oof. First ball duck now this. Not a great game for the senior player. Hope this won't be costly