• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Strong last 10 overs from the boys there. 41 runs and 5 wickets from it. 242 to win, let's hope the Top 3 (combined rating 70K) doesn't leave too much for our middle order (combined rating 40k - less than GG CC's!) a lot to do.

cnerd123

likes this
Scenes at the Ashgrove Astronauts CG. Can the hosts make history and pick up their first-ever win over Schmaltzberg, or are the visitors going to pull off a remarkable win by the skin of their teeth?

The Astronauts do it! Good game that.

Over at GG CC CG, Cornelius Human picks up the first wickets for the hosts, Heshan de Mehlo stumped for 26. 66/1 in 12 overs.

cnerd123

likes this
The Human/Fouche partnership on fire here. Yattack gone for just 17, young skipper Ahsan for a first-ball duck. ZCC's soft middle order is exposed and all the pressure is on Shahbaz Furqan to marshal this chase.

Run-rate isn't a problem here - either we chase these down or get bowled out trying. Halliday only plays on way, let's see how he goes about this.

cnerd123

likes this
huge over that for GG CC with another 2 wickets falling. Young prodify Shafi Ibrahim in now. All he has to do is hold up an end for 10 overs while Furqan ticks the runs over.

Arif Jalal in next, but then it's the tail. GG CC well and truly on course for an upset.

cnerd123

likes this
Clutch partnership this. Experienced duo doing the job. Can GG CC pick up one more wicket and make this interesting?

cnerd123

likes this
Tempted to call Shahbaz up into the BD Nat squad after that knock. Quality performance. High stamina and balanced skills work really well for an opener. Excellent cameo from Arif Jalal as well, 32* off 31 as the last recognized batter to see us home.

Good game @SillyCowCorner1. Matches like this are why I really like Stumped. The actual result is a fairer reflection of he quality of the two teams than the ratings, because I haphazardly put together a side with talented players without trying to optimize the team performance. We looked good on paper, but the bowling orders were suboptimal and the batting lineup was way too top-heavy. In hindsight I should have had Ramalingam and Ahsan working in short spells one after the other from one end, using their partnership breaker trait to take wickets, while Jalal, Chester and Bashir tried to keep things tight from the other end. Similarly I could have staggered the batting a bit better, with Heshan at 3 and Zack at 5.

If this were Battrick the bowling orders would barely matter and the Top 3 would have won the game for us in a boringly predictable manner.

cnerd123

likes this
Polavarapu is such a jet with the ball
left-arm leggie with two relevant traits, and apparently bats well enough to open the batting for your lot. I'm intrigued.

FHK have issued a challenge for 1st August. Hoping that a game against the last-placed CWC3 team will help us get our winning mojo back :ph34r:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tempted to call Shahbaz up into the BD Nat squad after that knock. Quality performance. High stamina and balanced skills work really well for an opener. Excellent cameo from Arif Jalal as well, 32* off 31 as the last recognized batter to see us home.

Good game @SillyCowCorner1. Matches like this are why I really like Stumped. The actual result is a fairer reflection of he quality of the two teams than the ratings, because I haphazardly put together a side with talented players without trying to optimize the team performance. We looked good on paper, but the bowling orders were suboptimal and the batting lineup was way too top-heavy. In hindsight I should have had Ramalingam and Ahsan working in short spells one after the other from one end, using their partnership breaker trait to take wickets, while Jalal, Chester and Bashir tried to keep things tight from the other end. Similarly I could have staggered the batting a bit better, with Heshan at 3 and Zack at 5.

If this were Battrick the bowling orders would barely matter and the Top 3 would have won the game for us in a boringly predictable manner.
What can I say? It was a belter of a wicket. Good cricket was played by both teams....but at the end of the day, the better team won.
Peter Sutherland had, in my opinion, a breakout game. A 77 against the likes of this team showed mettle from the young man. When Cornelius Human took those two big wickets (Yattack and Ahsan) in the space of two balls, I felt that we might have a sniff of hope of defending this total. Furqan played a match-winning knock.

So this match reminded me of those IND-SL clashes where SL would put up a score on the board and feel that they have a defendable total, only for IND to steamroll towards the target inside 40 overs.

We need to play more friendlies, @cnerd123