• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart MacGill arrested

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably one of the ****iest of that Aus squad tbh. But he maybe he was too subtle about it for casual audiences
Yeah I think this is the case. I was talking to a friend who grew up in that era watching macgill but was always a more casual fan and he said pretty much the same thing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gave us one of the most hilariously best lines in an interview ever though.

"Its not llike they are picking what I am bowling. Its more like they dont care what I am bowling"

after being smashed in the 2003 BG series.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My judgement is based on his on-field persona.

Ponting and Warne weren’t exactly saints during their playing days off-the field tbh..
IIRC, his behaviour in test was generally fine but there were a few issues at lower levels

It’s his personal life that has been a train wreck and it’s been going on for years

Tom Flint

International Regular
I've seen interviews with ponting where he says he was anything but a good bloke off the field for the first half of his career

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
I suppose you do endorse trying to snatch a camera from a teenager’s hand when he took a picture of you smoking (after you accepted sponsorship from a nicotine patch company in return for quitting smoking) ??
tbh as an on/off smoker over the years i feel his pain. Those things never helped me

TheJediBruh

Cricket Spectator
Not that we all didn't know already but @TheJediBrah Alpha persona been shot to **** in this thread.
I am the ultimate alpha male. I only climax for 1 of 2 reasons. I either climax for the purpose of reproduction with a beautiful woman (because that's the only kind of woman worthy of me) or I climax for the purpose of free protein. I need immense protein to maintain my ultimate alpha male body, and 4-5 *** loads a day is sufficient for me. It's not gay it its mine, but I wouldn't expect you pathetic beta males to understand. I bet you waste your seed into napkins, tissue, and tube socks. How sad, wasting all that protein. Wasting all those offspring. Its optimal for me to masturbate with my legs over my head so I can practice stretching before my workout while I obtain my protein. All the gym betas in the locker room just look away in disgust, but again, I wouldn't be offended by an asshole who only focus on vanity muscles. You beta losers better start acting like real men.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's what happens when you are supposedly one of the best spinners of your generation but only end up with about the same number of wickets as Moeen Ali

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Serious question for the room - WTF happened to this guy? I'm sure he was always teetering on the edge, but throughout his career we never heard anything, and he seemingly managed to keep a semi-respectable commentating career for decades without major incident - even though he was no doubt fully immersed in temptation with plenty of discretionary income, travel, adulation etc. I don't get it.

But now, for whatever reason, he's gone to what Bill Simmons (great US sports writer) called the Tyson Zone - where anything he does wouldn't be a surprise. He could retire to the backblocks to raise pigeons, star in the Hangover 4, punch a woman in the face, bite a man in the ear and anyone would say 'oh yep, that's Slats'