• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Law granted British citizenship

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
was the inference at Essex aswell IIRC
A slightly dubious one.
As far as ODIs are concerned there's only one reason for his exclusion - his average is poor.
As far as Tests - well, he was unfortunate, really - whether he'd have played more but for this perception of his "being up himself" can only be speculation.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The point is any of it was only speculation.
No-one, as far as I'm aware, ever confirmed they'd said such negative things about him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nobody has confirmed you know more about a person than they do themselves, but you still claim that as gospel.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nope, I've done nothing of the sort. I've not said it was impossible that the players know more about themselves than I do about them.
You've said the inverse, though, and I've pointed-out why that's wrong, too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I've not said it was impossible that the players know more about themselves than I do about them.
You've said the inverse, though, and I've pointed-out why that's wrong, too.
No, it is impossible for you to know more about someone else than that person knows about themself - simply because you are not that person.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It is indeed.
Yet it is not impossible for me to know more about their bowling in Test-match cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
oh come on, thats so stereotypical, not everyone has an ******!

...some of them have Novas, Astras and Sierras
Not to mention Cavaliers. Or Corsas. Or Fiestas.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Yet it is not impossible for me to know more about their bowling in Test-match cricket.
Yes it is, because you only see the output, and have no knowledge of the input.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you don't have complete knowledge of the output, knowledge of the input can help.
If you have near-complete knowledge of the output, knowledge of the input(s) is unneccessary.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Talking complete rubbish yet again, but why am I not surprised.

You cannot know as much about a person as that person does, and there is no way you can say you do, because you're not him, you're just an arrogant kid who refuses to accept you might be wrong, and refuses to accept that your attitude is losing what little respect you had.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And you're getting nowhere, just repeating the same thing over and over again, despite the fact that I've provided quite clear evidence as to why it's irrelevant.
"You cannot know more about him than himself"
When will you learn the significance of the phrase "not relevant to the case"?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
you're just an arrogant kid who refuses to accept you might be wrong, and refuses to accept that your attitude is losing what little respect you had.
And it's funny how only one other person is actually describing me as something similar (even then there's nothing like the malice here).
If I'm losing so much respect, I'd like to see some more evidence than is presently apparrent.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
And you're getting nowhere, just repeating the same thing over and over again, despite the fact that I've provided quite clear evidence as to why it's irrelevant.
Of course it's relevant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yet no-one has ever managed to explain why.
Why does it matter what goes into it, when you know all that matters of what comes out?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I think it's entirely relevant when the whole thing is you saying you know more about him than he does.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, the whole thing is you bringing-in irrelevant matter when all that matters is the deliveries bowled.
Which you've still not managed to come-up with a reason why is false; you've just tended to repeat "you cannot know more about him than he does".