• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka squad discussion

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The squad was announced a while ago I think, here it is...

Chandimal
Malinga
Dilshan
Herath
MJ
Kulasekara
Lakmal
Matthews
Ajantha Mendis
Kusal Perera
Thisara Perera
Seekkuge Prasanna
Sanga
Senanayake
Thirimanne

Looks pretty good to me, although I'm a little surprised to see Herath there, not exactly sure he's the right man for the t20 team, Sachi, Seekkuge and Mendis is a pretty formidable combination though. Fast bowling looks good with Kula back to partner Malinga, Lakmal is also there, and he's improved his yorker bowling capabilities, Thisara is still a worry for me but his batting is vital, same with Matthews really. The batting looks good, surely the last t20 international outings for Sanga, Mahela and Dilshan, but all three form the basis of our batting. Chandimal and Thirimanne really shouldn't be in this team, but at least Chandimal is getting some leadership experience here, Kusal Perera has a good chance to shine here too. I expect SL to go deep in the tournament, it's our best format, and we are world no 1 for good reason, need to make it count now though, some retirements coming up one suspects

YorksLanka

International Debutant
of those you listed i would have Mahela to open as i dont think T20 is thirri's game- assuming that kushal will open anyway..i agree that i dont Herath is the right person for this format and would always go with Ajantha instead. Apart from that, looks like a balanced squad but would have Mathews as captain adn drop Chandi on current form..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently the board was threatening to send over a second string side to Bangladesh if the players didn't sign the new contracts, but it appears now that the full strength team will leave for Bangladesh without signing them, Dilshan has three days to be match fit