• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Australia thread

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
I would tend to agree.

But you can't dispute that not having Murali makes a greater weaking of the Sri Lankan bowling line-up.
they might as well cancel the tour and save the humiliation....

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Craig said:
Come on, you can't become the world's leading wicket taker by taking cheap wickets against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
107 wkts at 15.66 from 16 tests definetaly helps.

Do you think he's rest time would've been better utilised against Zimbabwe or Australia??

Craig said:
IMO, If Murali, played for South Africa, England, Australia, for example, the supporters of these countries would not be saying Murali chucks.
has nothing to do with whether he chucks or not.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Well, Ive officially lost all respect (what was left of it) for Murali. To not tour for, in my opinion, no good reason is just disrespectful to his team, our team and the fans.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
Well, Ive officially lost all respect (what was left of it) for Murali. To not tour for, in my opinion, no good reason is just disrespectful to his team, our team and the fans.
Agreed, he's given too much weight to the opinion of our useless Prime Minister.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
I think at the end of the day I probably agree with you, but on the plus side it sticks two fingers up at an idiot politician who should have known better.

Mr. P

tooextracool said:
they might as well cancel the tour and save the humiliation....
:huh: :mellow: :dry: Wouldn't go that far mate. Australia WILL win but don't lets get carried away.

Hey you were probably being sarcastic anyway. So don't reply to this.

Waughney

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
I think at the end of the day I probably agree with you, but on the plus side it sticks two fingers up at an idiot politician who should have known better.
here's an article I just read on that idiot politician :D

Linda

luckyeddie said:
Firstly, I think you and others are overreacting on Howard's comment. Sure, it wasnt the best thing to say, but it wasnt intended to hurt anyone. If he had known Murali would chuck up a stink and not tour, Id say he wouldnt have said it. But of course, that kind of thing happening would not be the behaivour you would expect from an International cricketer, and so, one would think, highly unlikely.

Secondly, a better way to 'stick two fingers up' would be to come over here and bowl out the Aussies without any dodgey actions. He needs to let his cricket speak, not his troublesome mouth.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
Firstly, I think you and others are overreacting on Howard's comment. Sure, it wasnt the best thing to say, but it wasnt intended to hurt anyone. If he had known Murali would chuck up a stink and not tour, Id say he wouldnt have said it. But of course, that kind of thing happening would not be the behaivour you would expect from an International cricketer, and so, one would think, highly unlikely.

Secondly, a better way to 'stick two fingers up' would be to come over here and bowl out the Aussies without any dodgey actions. He needs to let his cricket speak, not his troublesome mouth.
Firstly, if the government aren't going to step in and stop a side going to a strife-torn country, there is noway they should step in and comment on a non-political cricket related matter.

Secondly, Howard is a goose, and the sooner the Australian public realise that and get rid of him the better off we will be.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:

Where is implying the merest criticism and having a dig at a politician 'overreacting'?

I said "I think at the end of the day I probably agree with you, but on the plus side it sticks two fingers up at an idiot politician who should have known better."

Get that? PROBABLY AGREE WITH YOU.
But on the plus side, it sticks.... you can get the rest.

tooextracool

International Coach
Linda said:
apparently being the highest wicket taker in world cricket isnt enough for him,he thinks that the world should always be nice and rosey for him.....people who call him chuckers should be banned and places where he has been has been disrespected are places that he shouldnt play in.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
apparently being the highest wicket taker in world cricket isnt enough for him,he thinks that the world should always be nice and rosey for him.....people who call him chuckers should be banned and places where he has been has been disrespected are places that he shouldnt play in.
See, Linda?

THAT's an over-reaction.

Linda

Mister Wright said:
Firstly, if the government aren't going to step in and stop a side going to a strife-torn country, there is noway they should step in and comment on a non-political cricket related matter.

Secondly, Howard is a goose, and the sooner the Australian public realise that and get rid of him the better off we will be.
So what if its not political? Just because hes the Prime Minister doesnt mean he cant answer a question about cricket.

I dont know if I should bother with the last bit. This has nothing to do with him being in office, so is there any need for anyones opinion on that?