• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Bahseph

State Captain
Guys do we have a thread for the current domestic season? Some strong line ups for the 4 day final. Will be following closely!

SeamUp

International Coach
Delano is made for white-ball cricket but does better in red-ball cricket. One of crickets quirks.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Believe that was only first 2 years. From now its every year.
It is but still find it weird, you total over 3 formats.

NC won the 2nd Div 4-day title again. FS won the 50-over I think. Just remember they played SA-Emerging in the Final. Now goes to T20.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant

NC won the 2nd Div 4-day title again. FS won the 50-over I think. Just remember they played SA-Emerging in the Final. Now goes to T20.
Hope free state go up, northern cape should of gone up when Tuskers did but they didn't take advantage.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pato with 5. Great for him. Matured really nicely and I think the Notts stint has aided his consistency even if a few yards are off in pace when he was younger.

Stefan9

International Debutant

FS didn't win the final SA emerging won quite comfortable.

Result
Knights vs SA Emerging, Final
CSA Provincial One-Day Challenge Division Two

KNGHT 276
SA-EM 278/2
SA Emerging won by 8 wickets (with 105 balls remaining)

Click here to view more @espncricinfo :https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...emerging-players-final-1394738/full-scorecard

SeamUp

International Coach
Titans Squad for first 3 games of CSA 20. Expected Quinny is officially full-time freelance.

Pretorius and Stolk still in matric. Hopefully get to see youngsters like Lees/Boast when guys leave for IPL

Screenshot_2024-02-28-16-16-32-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Test boys not exactly thriving.
Strange that beddingham and burger not picked injured? also lions have oliver,sipimandla, etc weird they didnt play them, their bowling looks B league division. wiaan mulder a big miss not able to bowl.

SeamUp

International Coach
Strange that beddingham and burger not picked injured? also lions have oliver,sipimandla, etc weird they didnt play them, their bowling looks B league division. wiaan mulder a big miss not able to bowl.
Yeah, Yusuf and Siboto out for Olivier and Sipamla every day of the week.

Bedingham back to the UK to meet number of days in the year for eventual emigration. A bit ****.

Burger I don't get.

SeamUp

International Coach
Moreki's first 5-for in his 96th FC game and now a 50 as a nightwatchman. If Carlsberg did Finals.

Heboric

International Debutant
Yay well done to our over 40's for reaching the final of the Over 40's World Cup where they will face New Zealand who squeaked past Australia.

I am not sure the rules of the comp, but the SA team consists of honest club level cricketers.

I cant vouch for all teams, but New Zealand and England had International level players in them
And they won, well done lads :clapping:
The cup that counts :ph34r::laugh: