• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Marius

International Debutant
Good chance.

Hanif & Shoaib Mohammed were 400+ & 200+

Geoff & Shaun Marsh were 300+ and 200+

Must be more father and son batsman though.
I also thought about the Mohammeds but I see Shoaib's highest is a double, like you point out.

SeamUp

International Coach
I also thought about the Mohammeds but I see Shoaib's highest is a double, like you point out.
Wonder if there is anywhere you can search that. I guess highest FC scores or something. 😁

Ackerman's are also close. Hylton only got a double.

SeamUp

International Coach
One Rondebosch (Kaplan), one SACS (Smith) & one Wynberg (Verreynne) with FC 100s in the same innings.

Western Province batting factory well and truly back 😉

Screenshot_2024-02-23-15-00-18-07_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Agh they should have let Stubbs continue..
If Stubbs broke a record it would have brought much needed publicity for the 4 day game.

SeamUp

International Coach
By my reckoning Stubbs is now the 13th Saffa to score a 300 in FC cricket.

Others:
- Stephen Cook
- Rilee Rossouw
- Daryll Cullinan
- Terence Lazard
- Graeme Smith*
- Jimmy Cook*
- Barry Richards*
- Hashim Amla
- Eric Rowan
- Andrea Agathangelou
- Marco Marais
- Tony de Zorzi

* Scored in English or Australian domestic cricket.
Looks like there was another. The Grand Old Man of South African cricket he was known as.

Screenshot_2024-02-23-20-49-31-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
One Rondebosch (Kaplan), one SACS (Smith) & one Wynberg (Verreynne) with FC 100s in the same innings.

Western Province batting factory well and truly back 😉

View attachment 39316
Just missing Bird and a 100 for bishops :) one bad trend is, all the top 6 batsmen basically non poc, so the 3 BAS need to be bowlers or sacrifice a better batsmen plus 3 pocs, only Wallie doing okay as batsmen and Tony

SeamUp

International Coach
Just missing Bird and a 100 for bishops :) one bad trend is, all the top 6 batsmen basically non poc, so the 3 BAS need to be bowlers or sacrifice a better batsmen plus 3 pocs, only Wallie doing okay as batsmen and Tony
It seems to be the POC we lose because of the demand. Even Paterson (Dolphins), Vallie (Warriors) & B Hendricks (Lions) before coming back. Piedt USA.

Now
Warriors: Meyer, Plaatjie, Simetu
Dolphins: Smith
Lions: Hamza, Siboto
Tuskers: Ntini
Titans: M Kleinveldt, Galiem
Boland: C Fortuin
NW: M Prince

@StephenZA also got me thinking the other day about our bowling. With swing bowlers like Daws/Willoughby etc we've produced either swing or seam bowlers and not many tear away quicks.

Le Roux (Wynberg) & Jefferies (Plumstead) probably our quickest we produced.

Simons (Settlers) & Matthews (Pinelands)

Pringle (Dale) & Schultz (Alexander Road) both recruited from Eastern Cape .

Dawson (SACS) & Willoughby (Wynberg) but Willoughby went to Boland to get his chance and we brought him back with Telemachus from there.

Philander (Ravensmead) & R Kleinveldt (Plumstead)

B Hendricks (Bellville) & Paterson (Brackenfell)

Supported by all-rounders like Barlow, Swart, Kuiper, McMillan, Kallis, N Johnson, Kemp

Always produced & had our spinners from Bromfield, Chevalier, R Morris, Hobson (EP), Rundle (Gauteng), Adams, C Henderson (Boland), P Harris (left for Titans), Piedt, Linde

SeamUp

International Coach
Lions v WP 5-day final at the Wanderers

Free State v Northern Cape Div 2 final on the go currently. Does the winner replace Tuskers?

Screenshot_2024-02-24-21-44-56-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

SeamUp

International Coach
5-day Final is on SuperSport!

What we reckon. Bedingham, Mpongwana & Pato in. Linde at PSL.

WP
De Zorzi
Moore
Vallie
Bedingham
Verreynne
Kitime
Mpongwana
Simmonds
Paterson
B Hendricks
Burger

12th D Smith/Kaplan/Bedja

Hamza and Olivier in. A few at PSL

Lions
Richards
D Hendricks
Rickelton
Bavuma
Hamza
Mulder
Potgieter
Fortuin
Olivier
Sipamla
Moreki

12th Makwetu/Yusuf

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
5-day Final is on SuperSport!

What we reckon. Bedingham, Mpongwana & Pato in. Linde at PSL.

WP
De Zorzi
D Smith
Vallie
Bedingham
Verreynne
Kitime
Mpongwana
Simmonds
Paterson
B Hendricks
Burger

Hamza and Olivier in. A few at PSL

Lions
Richards
D Hendricks
Rickelton
Bavuma
Hamza
Mulder
Potgieter
Fortuin
Olivier
Sipamla
Moreki
Just like the old days, Jhb v CT to determine who is the strongest team in SA domestic cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just like the old days, Jhb v CT to determine who is the strongest team in SA domestic cricket.
I know it is for remembering Clive Rice but Luke Alfred at his best bringing back memories of the WP V TVL fixture in here.

Heboric

International Debutant
Yay well done to our over 40's for reaching the final of the Over 40's World Cup where they will face New Zealand who squeaked past Australia.

I am not sure the rules of the comp, but the SA team consists of honest club level cricketers.

I cant vouch for all teams, but New Zealand and England had International level players in them