• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Dendarii

International Debutant
The only reason I am such a big fan of Mulder is he could potential be a quality top 6 international batsmen.
Or even having him at 7 with De Kock at 6 is a viable option. The problem is that all the other potential allrounders are really 8s at best, apart from maybe Dayyaan Galiem although I wouldn't say he's there just yet.

SeamUp

International Coach
Like everything else in SA you can have the best advise but if you don't implement that advise because of political grandstanding and lining your own pocket it becomes pointless.

The pressure on the board needs to be pushed up even further... sponsors, SACA and public need to continue onwards while momentum is there, because if it dies down now and we have a good home series against Eng, then the board is going to keep going quietly under the radar. Right now anybody working with CSA should be demanding a stipulation of the entire boards resignation.

Amazing how quiet supersport has been during this...
It definitely is almost the most important battle for our medium to long term future. Definitely count it as a separate battle that I hope we can win as soon as possible. These guys that remain are clearly oblivious and thick skinned to try remain. EP cricket Donovan May has been piping up lately defending him and the rest but he doesn't even realise EP cricket people want(ed) him out themselves. Club cricketers in PE were very vocal wanting him out.

At least we have the cricket show on the road for England which is another battle. Just want to enjoy it and hope whilst fighting the other battle the war can be one.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ks-play-t20-world-cup-confirms-faf-du-plessis

YES!!!!!!!!!! Both RSA and WI actually have a chance of playing something close to their best possible sides and I am bloody excited as these have always been my next favorite teams after India (along with NZ) and the chance to see the likes of Steyn, AB and Tahir playing for RSA in the WC and with it being in Australia, should make them genuine contenders now. :)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Same injury that caused all the issues with ABdV and also stopped Kallis bowling... but just later in their careers.

Hopefully more long term precautionary than serious.

SeamUp

International Coach
BreakingNews Former Standard Bank Proteas all-rounder,
@jacqueskallis75
has been named as the team’s batting consultant for the duration of the summer. He will join the squad for their camp starting in Pretoria today (Wednesday).
#Thread
#ProteaFire

SeamUp

International Coach
The boys are back in town. :wub:

Coaching staff could give our team a game soon.

Add in Nkwe, Ontong, Faul. I don't think we could have put a better team together in such a short space of time. Still not a lot of time to make an immediate difference but hopefully mentally our players can feel they ready to perform their best and win a test series. Faul can hopefully get new sponsorships on the go. And then the other battle can be won against the remaining 7 or 8 on the board. It will be a great summer.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Langers officially confirmed now. Good to see.

The off field team we have put together can aid our players thinking and performance. No doubt about that.

SeamUp

International Coach
Let us get the show on the road.

Jacques Kallis
@jacqueskallis75
·Feels good to be back in a
@OfficialCSA
dressing room. How time flies. Feels like yesterday i was playing but now looking forward to assisting
@markb46
in getting Proteas back to where they belong

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Hopefully we see more of this from grassroots. Gauteng and EP clubs were doing the same. They have had enough.

Ken Borland
@KenBorland
So the Western Province Cricket Association have tonight passed a resolution, proposed by Primrose CC, calling for the CSA Board to resign immediately & mandating their president to vote as such in the Members Council.

Stefan9

International Debutant
problem is their president has to vote as they mandate. kzn pres was mandated to vote against the board at the last meeting but didn't...

Bahseph

State Captain
Just took a look at the Dolphins team currently playing, and I honestly don't see a hole left in the team by Phehlukwayo's absence. I think StephenZA and I discussed wanting him to bat higher up etc, but I think I've made up my mind that long form cricket isn't his forte. Definitely not at the moment.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just took a look at the Dolphins team currently playing, and I honestly don't see a hole left in the team by Phehlukwayo's absence. I think StephenZA and I discussed wanting him to bat higher up etc, but I think I've made up my mind that long form cricket isn't his forte. Definitely not at the moment.

I agree with what you saying in principle but he would be in ahead of Makhanya for me with regards to the Dolphins.