• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Someone slapped Ross Taylor

Shady Slim

International Coach
I'm surprised at all these revelations from the book. Always thought of Taylor as a bit of a badass but he seems to have put up with a ton of **** over the years. No Jake The Muss obviously.
nothing is more badass than showing the restraint to turn the other cheek

Chrish

International Debutant
It’s a passive aggressive behavior but western style professionalism just doesn’t exist in Asia.

Even so-called first world country like Singapore has apartments advertising “we don’t rent to Indians”..

What’s shocking to west is the way of life over there.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm surprised at all these revelations from the book. Always thought of Taylor as a bit of a badass but he seems to have put up with a ton of **** over the years. No Jake The Muss obviously.
I'm not either...and I haven't read the book, but it all seems a bit lame. I don't say that lightly, I love Ross Taylor. But it all seems a bit 'he did this, they did that, all this happened' which all reads great as clickbait for the media to use, but I don't think it does you tremendous justice as a legend of NZ cricket who is so much more than that. I should read it to get full context.

Mind you, I suppose he could wheel out a book about mindset, dedication, how his game evolved, coming up as a young Samoan boy in cricket in CD (I guess that's in there) and other things related to cricket (his opinion on Test cricket v T20 etc) and it would only sell 10 copies, nine of those to Flem and one to the Masterton library.

Flem274*

123/5
coming up as a young Samoan boy in cricket in CD (I guess that's in there)
It is.

It's pretty good tbh (I'm halfway). I don't normally buy sports books anymore though because they're usually bland future career protecting fence sitters.

The media are focusing on the captaincy spice and tbh you can't write a book on Taylor's career and not include it, especially after Declared. In his position I'd want my version out there too after the way McCullum presents him.