• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Cloete

International Captain
hmmm... Victory were really impressive. Their midfield looks very good with Brebner, Muscat, Alessandro and Fred. Fred's an absolute gun, great vision and touch and didn't do a thing wrong all night. Had one great bit of dribbling too. Alessandro looks switched on and a fairly good winger but his technique and dribbling were sensational to watch. Thompson was good again and Caceres was excellent when he came on.

Adelaide looked fairly lacklustre and were simply overrun by the Victory in midfield. None of their players (apart from a glimpse from Owens) seemed able to take on players and at the end this was their downfall as there was simply no space. The Victoy defended really well.

Anyway very enjoyable match to start the season. Gotta love them Brazilians!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
they played well, and there brazilian players where very good last night. they dominated midfield when they had the ball hoever adelaide utd had 55% of possession. but good to see the a league started.

ash chaulk

International Captain
didnt see the game but i was suprised with the report in the paper..... i was thinking not another dud couple of brazilians but the report suggests otherwise.

Cloete

International Captain
Well the Roar were impressive last night. Our midfield was fairly quiet and I expected to see alot moer of Wedau but it was mostly just Seo on the ball. Some really good cobmination play up front from Reinaldo, Lynch and Milicic though. Very promising stuff.

Great way to end the match as well. Whole crowd went home buzzing having 3 goals inside the last 10 minutes like that.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
The young fella who scored a goal and set up the first one with the 'chest pass' looked pretty sharp too. I think they said he was a coach’s son or something....(for the roar...)

Cloete

International Captain
Dario Vidosic

His dad is assistant coach. He's a fair gun. Nathan Burns for Adelaide looks like a hot prospect too.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Not A-League, but does anyone know whats happening with Michael Thwaite? Just wondering if he was playing for the Polish side yet or not?

ash chaulk

International Captain
He has signed a contract to join Polish team Wisła Kraków on a Bosman transfer when his contract with the Romanian side finishes in June 2006

so i guess he has

Craig

World Traveller
How much does it cost to go to the A-League at Aussie Stadium?

Strongly considering going down to watch the Roar play Sydney FC on November 24. It is either that on October 8, and I want to go to Sydney this year and I have never actually been there (airport does not count).

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Anywhere between $20 and $35 if I remember correctly. It depends where you sit and whethervyou buy them beforehand or on the day.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:

Strongly considering going down to watch the Roar play Sydney FC on November 24. It is either that on October 8, and I want to go to Sydney this year and I have never actually been there (airport does not count).
October 7 is Aus v Paraguy at Suncorp, so don't go then.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:

It cost me $12.50, but i got no idea why it was so cheap, maybe the prices are down this season.

Craig

World Traveller
Cloete said:
October 7 is Aus v Paraguy at Suncorp, so don't go then.
I was think Nov 24 is the best date, as it will be a Friday night, where as on Oct 8 is on a Sunday and that will mean after the game I will have to go to the airport and fly home again and go to work the next day.

No thanks.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
chaminda_00 said:
It cost me $12.50, but i got no idea why it was so cheap, maybe the prices are down this season.
That's really good value actually. Costs me £10 to go to see Cambridge City who're in the Conference South (5 divisions below Prem).

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
thewizard1o1 said:
Not A-League, but does anyone know whats happening with Michael Thwaite? Just wondering if he was playing for the Polish side yet or not?
When I was following the UEFA cup the other night he wasn't in Wisla Krakow's squad but he has definitely moved there and was playing in the pre-season matches. It will take a while to get up to match fitness when you haven't played competitively for 9 months, those Romanians sure can be vindictive.

Hopefully he kicks on as he is one of the better defensive prospects around with Beauchamp, Milligan and Leijer.