• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sobers vs Viv vs Lara

The Best WI Batsman

• Sobers

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • Richards

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Lara

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Headley

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, he did handle young Murali and then Warne very well. Great on his feet, assured in defence, can't recall any flaws in his spin game at all.
Not saying he wasnt great. He was good value for his punchy attacking 50s up the order. Do I think that makes him Sachin/Sehwag level vs spin. Absolutely not. It's a weird internet myth.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sachin never struck me as an elite player of spin frankly. He was very good still but I recall Murali and Saqlain giving him a bit of trouble at times. I wouldnt pick him to bat on a raging turner as a first choice.

I would put him behind Sehwag, Sidhu and Laxman as a spin player.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Sachin never struck me as an elite player of spin frankly. He was very good still but I recall Murali and Saqlain giving him a bit of trouble at times. I wouldnt pick him to bat on a raging turner as a first choice.

I would put him behind Sehwag, Sidhu and Laxman as a spin player.
All offies are crap. You don't have to prove anything against them.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but I am willing to accept his opinion on who is a good player of spin he has played against. Not on which Waugh is a better bat.
But he played with and against both Waugh twins. If he knows who the best player of spin he played against was, surely he knows which Waugh twin was the superior batsman.

subshakerz

International Coach
But he played with and against both Waugh twins. If he knows who the best player of spin he played against was, surely he knows which Waugh twin was the superior batsman.
He probably would know who was the better Waugh if his ego allowed him to.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I really dont understand the Sidhu hype. He played some great knocks but the idea that he was in any way Sachin/Sehwag level against spin is crazy.
You should have seen the bashing he let loose against Warne and Murali. Sachin never even touched that heights against above two.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sidhu kinda sucked against everything except spin bowling, which would explain his average. Its an anomaly that he could be that good against spin and that **** against every other form of bowling.

Slifer

International Captain
Kinda on topic but how would we rank the next group below the big 4:

Weekes
Kanhai
Worrell
Walcott
Chanderpaul

Lloyd
Hunte
Greenidge
Nurse