• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So...what are you?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Former totally rubbish mid order slogger (indoors) and SLA/LM bowler, lower order batsman and SLA spinner outdoors turned middle order batsman and spinner. I only used to be recognised for my fielding...ie throwing myself all over the place and stopping balls crossing the boundary and catching anywhere...outfield or next to the bat....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Incompetent RH tail ender
Highly Inconsistent LBG that is inevitably too short
Even more Inconsistent Fielding

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Old, feeble and slow-witted.

Oh, cricket-wise.

I played for about 25 years, sometimes opening bat, for about 5 different clubs. As a 16-year old I was a useful 'barnacle' sent in to salvage losing draws and the like.

Used to be decidedly sharp bowling at school, eventually settled down to be a medium-pace 'trundler'.

Good slipper, even at the end of my 'career'.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opener in one dayers, middle order in the longer version, bowl around 1st or 2nd change.
good catcher but ground fielding could be better.

Anoop

U19 12th Man
middle order
bowls med pace

almost an all round but a
better batsman than a bowler

used to play that way for my school
house team..

have not started to play in college, yet.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Wicketkeeper/top to middle order batsman....never tried bowling as I played in men's teams and was quite happy to let them bowl!

Due to a rather nasty break in my right ankle which has lead to arthritis...I am now one of three female umpires in the state of New South Wales!

[Edited on 1/10/2002 by Eyes_Only]

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Former express bowler now reduced by lack of match fitness to merely fast. :D

Seriously, I was rated as the fastest bowler in my age group in the country a few years ago. At 15 I was clocked at 138km/h. :D

As for batting, well my best inings was 130 but my favourite was when I scored 24 off 5 balls. That was 6's off my first four balls faced and then when i tried to put one into the river next to the ground we were playing on, I must have missed it by by around a metre and it bowled me middle-peg. :D:D:D:D

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Faster than a speeding Shoaib Aktar, stronger than a hooking Adam Gilchrist, smarter than all of the UK Cricket Press combined....

Hmmm.... more like an opening bowler and lower order "barnacle" (as Lucky calls the role).

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Eyes_Only
Saying you're smarter than the entire Englsih Press doesn't give you much hope!! :frog:

Yeah - saying your smarter than any Press doesn't mean a lot...

Woe is me...

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Right Arm Medium sometimes a lit bit quicker, undecided when it comes to batting spot, so far in the middle order but will probably bat in the lower order...I'm not a hard-hitter nor a slogger. Mostly a quick agile in fielder because of not having a very strong arm.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Opening batsmen/Occasionally 1 down

Medium fast bowler, A.K.A the 'swing thing' 8D

Cover is my favourite fielding positon.

Once was passionate about serious cricket :( but didn't want to make it a profession. My school pal Salman Butt though has made it to the Pakistan A side. Made a century today agianst Sri Lanka A. Good enough for me :)

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Very slow scoring middle order batsman. In the nets a RMF bowler, but when I get to bowl in a match, the nerves get to me and I begin to bowl RSM.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got ability as a bowler, its just when I settle on an action I get injured or just can't bowl like that again, Im 6'3 so I should get good bounce but I rarely get coaching...but I did teach myself how to bowl Harbajan's topspinner and its very very useful!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by Paul
Very slow scoring middle order batsman. In the nets a RMF bowler, but when I get to bowl in a match, the nerves get to me and I begin to bowl RSM.
Fair assessment :D. If you get nerves in U13 League you've not got much hope for the future... :)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Right Hand Opening batter and Right Arm Off spin bowler who is changing to leg spin.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I am a right arm legspin bowler. and a tail end batter. Best innings 65*, most memorable would be 56* off 40 balls, finished off the match with a six, I could have scored loads that day but we were only chasing 150.
Fielding... average