• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slightly Wacky Draft

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Sunil Gavaskar
Saeed Anwar
Wally Hammond
Denis Compton
Bob Cowper
Tony Greig
MS Dhoni (wk)
Richie Benaud ©
Alan Davidson
Mitch Starc
Shoaib Akhtar

Pretty good team with great balance, obviously. Both right arm and left arm pace as well as fast medium and swing and reverse swing in plenty, good spin options with Benaud, Cowper, Greig & Compton, when needed. A side that will be competitive everywhere and give all sides here a proper matchup.

Himannv

International Coach
If I was to run this again - certainly things to keep in mind. The snake format was mostly used as it is 'the default' and I guess the 'state of play' when it comes to draft order for whole game being transparent from the get go.

Might just have no Bradman - envisaged it would lead to some being very aggressive stealing at the start and banking on the skip option with others being much more careful. But yeah agree that they ended up being more defensive options.
I still enjoyed this draft immensely since it allowed me to build the team I wanted to with players I rate. Got skipped once, which slowed things down, but apart from that I had a clear run in terms of team building (which is what drafting is about to me).

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
W.G. Grace
Arthur Morris
Rohan Kanhai
Greg Chappell
Seymour Nurse
Les Ames
Ravindra Jadeja
Mike Procter
Peter Pollock
Muttiah Muralitharan