• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SL to Tour India in April

biased indian

International Coach
Sri Lanka will tour India to play five one-day internationals immediately after their rescheduled tour of New Zealand in April, officials said on Thursday.
Sri Lanka's two-test tour of New Zealand finishes on April 15 and the team will only have a three-day break before travelling to India.

"The final dates and venues for the tour are now being finalised by the Indian board," a cricket board official confirmed on Thursday.

The last-minute tour will upset the plans of three players, who had been expected to fly to England in mid-April to play county cricket during the first half of the summer.

Chaminda Vaas (Worcestershire), Sanath Jayasuriya (Somerset) and Upul Chandana (Gloucestershire) will now not be able start their county season until the first week of May.

Muttiah Muralitharan is also scheduled to play a third season with Lancashire but he is not expected to regain full fitness in time for the India tour after a shoulder operation in February.

Reuters

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
I'll definitely be looking forward to this..
It's been quite a while since India has played ODI cricket at home...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
India at home and coming out of a series with Pakistan should do well against SL with Kumble, Harbajan, Balaji and Pathan in fine form along with V.Sehwag , Sachin and Dravid against SL who rely a lot on Murali especially in the subcontinent !!

dinu23

International Debutant
It's been a while since SL toured IND. Should be an exciting series. looking forward to it.
Oh! and Jason, don't worry, SL can win without Murali.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
It's been a while since SL toured IND. Should be an exciting series. looking forward to it.
Oh! and Jason, don't worry, SL can win without Murali.
I hope and pray (and dream) so !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JASON said:
India at home and coming out of a series with Pakistan should do well against SL with Kumble, Harbajan, Balaji and Pathan in fine form along with V.Sehwag , Sachin and Dravid against SL who rely a lot on Murali especially in the subcontinent !!
But the question is, are all those you mentioned actually in fine form?

dinu23

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
But the question is, are all those you mentioned actually in fine form?
hmm....good question . :D apart from dravid i don't think the other batsmen are in FINE form.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think SL will be the faves, as it is an ODI series. Even if it were a test series, I would still think both teams would be even. SL has a knack of doing well against India. I hope it changes this time. Question is will Sourav be in the captain for this series?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
The Indians have better chances against that disorganised, inconsistent, collapse-prone PAK side than they do against SL, though SL are not as potentially dangerous as PAK.
honestbharani said:
Question is will Sourav be in the captain for this series?
Hope not, and hopefully he shouldn't even make the 14.
why shouldn't he be? are there any plans to change the captaincy?
There better be.

dinu23

International Debutant
biased indian said:
what would u say about sachin and sehwag out of form!!!!
Is Sachin really in form? I don't know...apart from his last two innings, he hasn't done much this year.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dude last year was 3 months ago. Are you really following the Ind-pak series ?? Because If you really did, you wouldn't have said that Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar are all out of form. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
biased indian said:
Sri Lanka will tour India to play five one-day internationals immediately after their rescheduled tour of New Zealand in April, officials said on Thursday.
Sri Lanka's two-test tour of New Zealand finishes on April 15 and the team will only have a three-day break before travelling to India.

"The final dates and venues for the tour are now being finalised by the Indian board," a cricket board official confirmed on Thursday.

The last-minute tour will upset the plans of three players, who had been expected to fly to England in mid-April to play county cricket during the first half of the summer.

Chaminda Vaas (Worcestershire), Sanath Jayasuriya (Somerset) and Upul Chandana (Gloucestershire) will now not be able start their county season until the first week of May.

Muttiah Muralitharan is also scheduled to play a third season with Lancashire but he is not expected to regain full fitness in time for the India tour after a shoulder operation in February.

Reuters
So yet again we see teams playing in India and Pakistan when the heat is at it's fiercest. 8-)
Are the authorities so intent on exposing players and spectators to heatstroke?
And of course - what a fantastic idea, having India playing Pakistan then Sri Lanka with no real break, and Sri Lanka playing New Zealand and India with no break. 8-)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think India don't have any cricket again till August, so this is not such a bad idea, as they will get their rest anyway