• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
The leg wasn't necessarily on the ground tho, it was touch and go what hit the deck first and I think anyone who says it was definitely one or other is lying.

Second half seems a bit like the opposite of the first so far.
What is for sure though is that he slid a fair way without putting the ball down :blink:

simmy

International Regular
Really compelling game to watch... makes a change really when you consider the rest of this years Six Nations.

Onto Lansdowne Road. Ireland surely should win... saying that we said that about France and England!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Italy. Deserved the draw. If Pez wasn't such a bottle merchant they coulda won. He missed 2 v kickable pens.

simmy

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
Fair play to Italy. Deserved the draw. If Pez wasn't such a bottle merchant they coulda won. He missed 2 v kickable pens.
Yeah he did. Very disappointing today.

I cant figure out why Scotland's best kicker, Paterson, is at 14. Should be either at 10, 12 or 15 IMO as he isnt exactly fast for a winger and perhaps wasted out on the wing.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ireland really should win this....

does anyone know why they're going to demolish lansdowne road and then turn it 90 degrees?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ireland could write a book on how to make mistakes while playing an attacking game.
Scotland could write a book on how to make mistakes while playing a defending game.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
simmy said:
I cant figure out why Scotland's best kicker, Paterson, is at 14. Should be either at 10, 12 or 15 IMO as he isnt exactly fast for a winger and perhaps wasted out on the wing.
From my extremely limited knowledge of yawnion I've gathered that he's a fullback, but Southwell is rated more than him and it's his kicking and experience keeps him in the team on the wing. Anyone who knows better fell free to correct me if I'm wrong.
He doesn't look creative enough to play 10 or 12. So it's wing or ousting Southwell.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Do we have any Welsh posters on this forum?

If so:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And you only beat Fiji by one point:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Richard once claimed to be I think, but only via his granddad.

I wonder if Mike Ruddock has stopped laughing yet?

simmy

International Regular
God awful start by England...

Bizarre how such an accomplished rugby side continues to make elementary errors.

Lewsey needs to stop kicking the ball!!!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The worst half by an England team I've ever seen. 16-3 flatters us. We've been absolutely shocking. France have been below par too or they'd have put us totally away by now. Just embarrassing. :@

simmy

International Regular
Worst all round performance I have ever seen and I have been watching rugby all my life.

Utter shambles.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lots of adjectives spring to mind, but I'll limit myself to two: gutless & directionless.

Woeful, just woeful. France were the better team, but only very average themselves; we were just that bad. We never once looked like scoring a try. France looked like they just wanted it more, which is so damning. If an England team can't get up for the French they shouldn't pull the shirt on.