• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I think you mean points difference , but yes that would be the ultimate arbiter if two or more teams finished level. IIRC after that it would be tries scored, then try difference & finally the result(s) between the countries.

I reckon the bonus point system (four points for win, two points for draw, one point for scoring four tries in a game, one point for a defeat by 7 points or less) that's used in the Tri-Nations & Zurich Premiership is altogether fairer.
I hate the bonus point for losing my seven points or less. If you lose, you lose - there's been a few too many instances in recent years in NPC and Super 1 where a side gets into the semis on bonus points, despite winning fewer games than the team who misses out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
I hate the bonus point for losing my seven points or less. If you lose, you lose - there's been a few too many instances in recent years in NPC and Super 1 where a side gets into the semis on bonus points, despite winning fewer games than the team who misses out.
I guess over a full season you might get instances like that (can't think of any over here tho TBF), but over 4 or 5 games a la Tri-Nations or 6 Nations I still would prefer it.

Supposing Ireland, England & France all beat each other once; the champions will probably come down to who can be ar$ed to wallop Italy & The Sweaties the most.

Piper

International Captain
I think Ireland will win this one... but i would really love England to win tho :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For those not in England, not sure if it'll work for you, but bbc.co.uk is webcasting their coverage of the Tournament if it's not being shown on your TV.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Leicester's loose-forward Lewis Moody has succumbed to the hamstring pull that has been bothering him all week, so Chris Jones of Sale now replaces him in our starting line-up. Bah!

It's v unfortunate injury, Moody was our last fit (& available) world class back-row forward. It's also a slightly odd call to bring Jones straight into the XV when he wasn't even named on our original bench; I don't know what sort of message that sends to James Forrester, who was! Surely if Robinson thinks he's good enough to sit on the bench he should be good enough to play?!

No disrespect to Jones, who has potential (&, FWIW, I rate more highly than Forrester). He's 6' 6", so gives a handy line-out option & is quick for a big fella. I prefer my loose-forwards too be a bit bulkier tho & with a bit more of the mongrel about them too. Hugh Vyvyan of Sarries would've been my call.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dont know if im getting the same broadcast as you guys in Europe but has anyone noticed the spelling errors in the broadcast? lol... Scotland was shotened to: ECO.... and at halftime it had PENALITE...opposed to penalties..

Anywho... Scotland 6-0 at halftime over France.... who wouldve thought!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
benchmark00 said:
I dont know if im getting the same broadcast as you guys in Europe but has anyone noticed the spelling errors in the broadcast? lol... Scotland was shotened to: ECO.... and at halftime it had PENALITE...opposed to penalties..

Anywho... Scotland 6-0 at halftime over France.... who wouldve thought!
Ecosse is French for Scotland & (I'm guessing) penaltie maybe French for penalty! :D

Good stuff from The Sweaties; with an eye on The Lions I'd say Cusiter @ scrum-half, White @ flanker & Tom Smith @ prop have all held their hands up. Michalak will be on in 2nd half, mark my works. Delaigne having a mare!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BoyBrumby said:
Ecosse is French for Scotland & (I'm guessing) penaltie maybe French for penalty! :D

Good stuff from The Sweaties; with an eye on The Lions I'd say Cusiter @ scrum-half, White @ flanker & Tom Smith @ prop have all held their hands up. Michalak will be on in 2nd half, mark my works. Delaigne having a mare!
;) sarcasm..... hard to detect over the net i must admit,lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Poor old Sweaties; 16-9 to The French.

Played well until the very end tho. Coupla calls that might've gone either way went against them & then Danielli decides to be Billy Big Biscuits at the end & there's a charge down for a Traille try.

Good start to tournament tho; warmed me up nicely for The Taffs. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Arghhhh! 8-3 to the Taffs at the break. Poo. :@

They've been good value for it too. Highlight of the half for England was Danny Grewcock booting their scrum-half in the head!

Noon & Tait have both looked a bit out of their depth; Henson has looked quality for Wales at inside centre.

Piper

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Arghhhh! 8-3 to the Taffs at the break. Poo. :@

They've been good value for it too. Highlight of the half for England was Danny Grewcock booting their scrum-half in the head!

Noon & Tait have both looked a bit out of their depth; Henson has looked quality for Wales at inside centre.
I think England are really struggling with this Welsh side... they need to just calm down and think about what theyre doing

BoyBrumby

Englishman
God. 11-9 to the bloody Welsh. 8-)

Fair play to 'em, they deserved it. Henson looks definite prospect for Lions, certainly put himself in contention for the inside-centre position.

Noon & Tait were both ar$e, we looked much better when Olly Barkley came on.

Piper

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
God. 11-9 to the bloody Welsh. 8-)

Fair play to 'em, they deserved it. Henson looks definite prospect for Lions, certainly put himself in contention for the inside-centre position.

Noon & Tait were both ar$e, we looked much better when Olly Barkley came on.
Go Ollie, Go Go Ollie!
England are so gonna get their asses kicked if they dont improve

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
2 games in which the suppsed favourites were terrible.

As soon as possible I'll be piling on Ireland.