• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Vivian Richards - master or myth?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Viv Richards is the greatest ODI batsman the world has ever produced...He was a very good test batsman too...That's all I have to say in this thread...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well we've all learned a lot from your wisdom on the subject.
The intension was not to teach, intension was to tell what I feel about him...But if incidentally you have learnt, I can only say that the world is going in the right direction mate...Keep it up...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Nice try at passing the buck Richard style........and you've now trebled your promised input.
But peer opinion about you is at its peak (though negative)...It can't be trebled I'm afraid...By the way, Richard style? What is that? You are talking about the name on the top of this thread? :) ...in that case you have missed one 's' at the end mate... But see I understood your thoughts :laugh:

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Richard style is the everyone thinks you're an idiot so what you say doesn't matter style. Not about me necessarily just anyone of the hoards who accuse him of posting nonsense.
I thought that is the definition of 'Lillian Thomson style' ... I thought Richard is a far far better poster than you though I disagree with many of his points (not all though)...

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
No, I've never called anyone an unworthy idiot who no one cares about just because they don't agree with what I say after a ten page argument.

Excellent.:laugh:
Problem is you say harsher words (or even better, without words; through smileys only) even before a ten page argument just to prove yourself one ... What's so excellent about the latter part of my post?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You've just joined the ever large and expanding club that's all.
This will all be deleted anyway.
Not really...There are many posters here with whom I disagree more than what I disagree with Richard ... What will be deleted by the way?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
viv richards is just a myth, an urban legend, end of story. the man didn't even exist far less play cricket, neena gupta was just being delusional...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
viv richards is just a myth, an urban legend, end of story. the man didn't even exist far less play cricket, neena gupta was just being delusional...
:laugh: :laugh:

Well said Anil. I feel bad not having said it myself :)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

I took to the podium at the conference in 1984 and said "Viv Richards is a myth who if you take out the good bits wasn't very good". The then Prime Minister Maggie Thatcher then took to the stand and said "Britain will be prosperous by the year 2000."
It's a toss up which of those statements was more idiotic.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I took to the podium at the conference in 1984 and said "Viv Richards is a myth who if you take out the good bits wasn't very good". The then Prime Minister Maggie Thatcher then took to the stand and said "Britain will be prosperous by the year 2000."
It's a toss up which of those statements was more idiotic.
Its a no contest. Your statement wins the 'idiocy' stakes hands down as befits a regular from Cricket Chat :)