• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Donald Bradman

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Voges will drop off the "most tenacious batsmen" list when it gets updated; his last 2 Tests dragged his "balls between dismissals" average down to 111.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah, good - you've all seen it before, but this is Bradman so always worth watching again. Is this really Bradman? He looks nothing like the picture of him I have become accustomed to seeing.

That stump and golf ball against the tank process really would build patience. How many times does he only get one hit in with his game and have to start again. Amazing

I like the golf ball fielding practice too - the speed with which it moves would really develop quick reflexes.
I did plenty of silly **** like that when I was a kid (partly owing to not having too many friends). Actually, I remember I used to do that exact same thing with the throwing a ball at a wall with a raised portion at the bottom. Didn't make me the next Bradman or Jonty Rhodes.

I think there might be a bit more to it.

TheJediBrah

If his career had finished after the NZ tour he would've been in the top 35.

His 269 v the Windies came off just 285 deliveries. Insane pace considering iirc he hardly was slogging at any stage.
That was a pretty harsh declaration in hindsight. Could have at least let him get to 300. Would have been a good chance to break the 400 too.

Burgey

Always remember, as some long lost poster once said, Bradman never had to face really good bowlers like Irfan Pathan.