• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should the Ashes Return to the Winning Nation?

Should the Ashes Return to the Winning Nation?

• Yes

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
ok, ur never gone get it through ur head so ill just stop trying
Maybe you should get it into yours that the urn is the property of the MCC, not the ECB, ICC or CA. Thus if they don't wan't it to be used as a trophy for what are objectively good reasons then shut up about it.

Stumped

Banned
Maybe you should get it into yours that the urn is the property of the MCC, not the ECB, ICC or CA. Thus if they don't wan't it to be used as a trophy for what are objectively good reasons then shut up about it.
read the newspaper article, then ull get my point AND GIVE USE THE DAM ASHES!

Last edited:

roseboy64

That article is a bunch of crap IMO. And btw I'm neither Australian nor English so this is from a neutral point of view.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
ok, ur never gone get it through ur head so ill just stop trying
Please

Out of interest why are there spelling mistakes in the Italics? Where was it taken from? Also just so you know, what has 1 badly written newspaper article got to the truth. The writer was following an editorial sytle rather than looking at the situation as a whole.

Stumped

Banned
Please

Out of interest why are there spelling mistakes in the Italics? Where was it taken from? Also just so you know, what has 1 badly written newspaper article got to the truth. The writer was following an editorial sytle rather than looking at the situation as a whole.
thats probably my bad copying its an article from the daily telegraph

roseboy64

ok ...mr bobsled
8-) I'd still feel the same way if Man Utd beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final and there's no way the winner can even touch the trophy. Unless you're an english football fan you wouldn't really feel it.....:sleep:

Slow Love™

International Captain
The Ashes urn should stay in England. The ongoing series was named in commemoration of a newspaper obituary after Australia beat England in England for the very first time in a test(as we all know), but the urn itself was presented to Ivo Bligh, England's captain a short time later on England's following tour to Australia. It was his personal property, and his widow bequeathed it to the MCC museum at Lords when he died, for public exhibition.

It's not a trophy in of itself (we have one that is separate), so there's no reason for it to change hands dependent on which country wins the series. And as others have mentioned, there are serious risks with transporting it internationally on any kind of ongoing basis. The urn belongs in the MCC museum.

Stumped

Banned
If The Ashes urn was never intended to be a trophy then why is the Waterford Crystal trophy named The Ashes?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
read the newspaper article, then ull get my point AND GIVE USE THE DAM ASHES!
But what if I get someone to write an article stating the opposite to that article - surely by your definition that will also be 100% true...