• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 4.0

kingkallis

International Coach
So we get 2 chances and if we fail to submit player, we get the player of your choice. We get the 2nd chance. Am I right?

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Sunil Gavaskar /
10. Morne Morkel o

I am pleased with both of my picks. Knowing NUFAN, upcoming rounds wont be easy.

watson

Banned
Just gone through the results again, and a total of 8 'sheep' for the first is round is a shocker. I can understand there being a few problems with the 'Brother' question because the pool was relatively small, but not sure why there should have been so many clashes with the '6 Ducks' question.

On-the-other-hand, there is bound to be a paddock full of sheep due to the AEIOU question for good reason - there's only a fraction of reasonable cricketers available. I expect to take a hit here.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just some clarification on question 4. When I say 'retired' before 1/1/2000 I mean did not play a Test after then. I hope that hasn't screwed up anyone.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So we get 2 chances and if we fail to submit player, we get the player of your choice. We get the 2nd chance. Am I right?
You get 3 chances. If you FAIL each time, you receive a 'sheep' aka an ordinary player who meets the criteria. Before each round I work out what persons name is getting the first sheep, if they pass it goes to the name after him on my list. I then get a list of SHEEP, put them in an order and random generate who they are getting. I have a method to my madness :)

On-the-other-hand, there is bound to be a paddock full of sheep due to the AEIOU question for good reason - there's only a fraction of reasonable cricketers available. I expect to take a hit here.
So the vowels question is the hardest yeah? I haven't actually looked how many available players fit the criteria, but figured there would be enough.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fair enough, always good to have some challenging questions.

Just waiting on honest and spikey.

kingkallis

International Coach
You get 3 chances. If you FAIL each time, you receive a 'sheep' aka an ordinary player who meets the criteria. Before each round I work out what persons name is getting the first sheep, if they pass it goes to the name after him on my list. I then get a list of SHEEP, put them in an order and random generate who they are getting. I have a method to my madness :).
Got it, mate. Thank you and hell this is fun.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results to come in a minute. 6 of you will be feeling rather sheepish getting 0/3 while someone has managed to get a perfect 3/3!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the suspense is killing me

no wait it isn't. i predicted in my email i would strike out.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results

3.1 Select a cricketer who has had 15 or more not outs in their test career

PASS
Monk
Fred
Cabinet
Watson
Morgie
Marcuss
Pothas
AndyZalt
BeeGee

FAIL
Howe - Jacques Kallis
KingKallis - Jacques Kallis
Justo - Glenn McGrath
Coronis - Glenn McGrath
Spikey - Imran Khan
Harsh - Imran Khan
honest - Imran Khan

Q. 4.1 Select a cricketer who played for any of the sub-continental countries (Bang, Ind, Pak, SL) and retired from Tests before 01/01/2000.

PASS
Justo
Fred
Pothas
honest

FAIL
Howe - Fazal Mahmood
Coronis - Fazal Mahmood
Monk - Bishen Bedi
Marcuss - Bishen Bedi
Cabinet - Farokh Engineer
Watson - Farokh Engineer
Spikey - Farokh Engineer
BeeGee - Farokh Engineer
Morgie - Kapil Dev
Harsh - Kapil Dev
AndyZalt - Imran Khan
KingKallis - Imran Khan

Q5.1 Select a cricketer who’s surname starts with A E I O or U – The Cricketer must have played for either Aus, Eng, NZ, SA, WI, Zim.

PASS
Cabinet
Pothas

FAIL aka. the Ambrose round (who was actually picked in question 3.1)

Justo - Curtly Ambrose
AndyZalt - Curtly Ambrose
KingKallis - Curtly Ambrose
BeeGee - Curtly Ambrose
Monk - Curtly Ambrose
Harsh - Curtly Ambrose
Coronis - Bert Ironmonger
Spikey - Bert Ironmonger
Fred - Les Ames
Howe - Les Ames
Marcuss - Les Ames
Watson - Neil Adcock
Morgie - Neil Adcock
honest - Neil Adcock

Banned Players
Neil Adcock, Les Ames, Bishen Bedi, Richie Benaud, Greg Chappell, Colin Croft, Martin Crowe, Kapil Dev, Farokh Engineer, Richard Hadlee, Bert Ironmonger, Neil Harvey, Jacques Kallis, Imran Khan, Jim Laker, Fazal Mahmood, Glenn McGrath, Bill O'Reilly, Peter Pollock, Robin Smith, Garry Sobers.

So cudos to Pothas.