• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

BazBall21

International Regular
That Farrell call was well before the monster drop goal though, and in the first half. We still came out the blocks far better than SA in the second.

More crucial for me were the two wasted chances on the Bok 5m line that we should have got 3 points minimum from each time. Then obviously the big one was the change in scrum fortunes after the front row replacements.

But yeah hard to grumble with the performance. Exceeded my expectations by so much it's not funny.
Yeah. Messing up two lineouts in their territory really was inexcusable. Can't do that in a dogfight against the world champt.

Molehill

International Captain
*after weeks of complaining about minnows, length of the tournament, the draw, predictability of games, refs, match rigging*

Man this World Cup is boring I wonder if the rugby is any better
Thanks for noticing the discussion points I’ve brought to this subforum……

Literally no idea what you offer.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Jokes on you because sports are are ****

(Yes TRFC lost last night and the cricket team lost today. Can’t claim to be super invested in the rugger but this one was cruel too.)
You still probably know more about the game than the fella who thinks England lost from a bottle job tonight

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Titanic effort from England. Sad to see them come up short, but if I'm being honest it was the kind of performance that was heavily reliant on the difficult conditions and I think an NZ vSA final will make for a much better spectacal next week. Absolutely clutch from SA and Pollard 2 weeks in a row. I couldn't see any way back for them with 15 minutes to go.

Anyway, let's hope we get some dry weather next week so we can watch these two great teams play some actual rugby

BazBall21

International Regular
The conditions helped England but it's not like South Africa are a flamboyant attacking side. I think that would have been more of a notable factor if England were playing a New Zealand, France or Ireland.

Heboric

International Debutant
As much as England exceeded expectations they still bottled it in the end. They can be proud etc etc but it was still a bottle job.
I actually agree with this. England have only themselves to blame. At times they were so defensive. All they needed to do is score 1 try and the Boks were stuffed