• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Matt79

Global Moderator
Ponting saving the 3rd PP, prob. on the theory that he won't need to take it. Or will take it when Gibbs is out.

Dissector

International Debutant
Haha. Just checked the score for the first time a few minutes ago and I thought it was some kind of mistake. Dire stuff from SA. So what's the story: great bowling, terrible batting, lively pitch? Is there any hope of SA defending, say, 150?

SA deserve to lose just for dropping Ntini IMO. In a big game you need top-class wicket taking bowlers even if they have run into a bad patch.

simmy

International Regular
Ponting saving the 3rd PP, prob. on the theory that he won't need to take it. Or will take it when Gibbs is out.
Or that he just forgot about it, because it matters so little in this ridiculous pummeling we are witnessing.

simmy

International Regular
Haha. Just checked the score for the first time a few minutes ago and I thought it was some kind of mistake. Dire stuff from SA. So what's the story: great bowling, terrible batting, lively pitch? Is there any hope of SA defending, say, 150?

SA deserve to lose just for dropping Ntini IMO. In a big game you need top-class wicket taking bowlers even if they have run into a bad patch.
Good bowling, bad batting and a moving ball. No way they should be 60-5.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Can I state the obvious? The Aus team is so incredibly awesome! SL players must be watching this game with a bit of concern I would think.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I consider it absolute arrogance over anything to leave out Ntini in such an important match.....or is he injured?

If he's not injure,d it makes no sense. Did the Saafis think to use him in the final?
Well they needed him to get to the final IMO :@!!!!!

Matt79

Global Moderator
Boucher's was a beautiful ball - Prince's was a wide.

AB was a tentative shot to a ball in the corridor, and Smith and Kallis had brain explosions against some good bowling.

PY

International Coach
did all of them get out to good balls or did they play lose shots?
Smith - loose shot, good ball
Kallis - loose shot, good ball
de Villiers - poor footwork, good ball
Prince - terrible shot, terrible ball
Boucher - good ball

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
This is boring tbh. Thinking about uninstalling all the gameplay patches from my EA cricket game and then play it. Probably more exciting than this.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gibbs looking pretty good here. Kemp less so, but he only needs to stay around for a while and get in. It's not over yet.