• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Selectors Draft

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So we pick from our own original team but a player who fits that average? Am I right?

Really wish I'd left a bowler free...
Not from your original team (unless there are any left), but someone who could have played for your original team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What if you are after a bowler (Batting @ #8) with a bowling average of 31+but if they have a batting average in excess of 28.22?
As ‘as long as they feasibly fit into the gap’ just means it fits their normal role. So I’d probably veto Flintoff being picked to bat in the tail because he nearly always batted 6, later on 7. But someone like a Woakes (granted he’d be eligible anyway) is fine as he’s a bowler who’s generally also picked for his batting.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I had the modern era Australian team, so I will pick Stuart Law who scored 54 not out in his only test innings (no average), although would've had a long test career for any other country.

Bob Simpson (vc)
Marvin Attapattu
Kumar Sangakkara
Wally Hammond
Stuart Law
Hashmatullah Shahidi
Imran Khan (c)
Prasanna Jayawardene (wk)
Ray Lindwall
Charlie Turner
Lance Gibbs

Pretty happy with this side. It has been a fun draft.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cheers. A bit different and obviously unfair in all sorts of ways but been quite enjoyable to observe it unfolding as the field thinned

Himannv

International Coach
01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Ed Joyce
03. Kane Williamson
04. Viv Richards
05. Allan Border*
06. Mohammed Ashraful
07. Wasim Bari+
08. Eddo Brandes
09. Hedley Verity
10. Curtly Ambrose
11. Sydney Barnes

I'm sure there are more consistent batters available but you only live once.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A team to entertain you all.

I will provide the captaincy to Campbell so that the lynchpins in my side, Brian Charles Lara and Shane Warne, can just focus on entertainment and victories. There was an error in the middle when I unknowingly picked two keepers but it is fine since Marsh is a good bat too.

A quality bowling attack and a flamboyant batting line-up backed up by 2 quality keepers.

Sanath Jayasuriya
Virender Sehwag
Alistair Campbell (c)
Brian Lara
Kevin O Brien
Rod Marsh
Deryck Murray (wk)
Shane Warne
Rangana Herath
Shane Bond
James Anderson

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Charlie Griffith

Sunil Gavaskar
Ibrahim Zadran
Younis Khan
Steve Smith
Martin Crowe*
Dave Houghton
Liton Das+
Richard Hadlee
Fred Spofforth
Charlie Griffith
Hugh Tayfield

Teuton

International Captain
Graeme Smith
Tamim Iqbal
Ken Barrington
Graeme Pollock
Sean Williams
Mushtaq Mohammad
Sean Ervine
Shaun Pollock
Romesh Kaluwitharana
Saqlain Mushtaq
Dale Steyn

Kalu was my last pick. A great team i think, except i am definitely half a bowler short.

Bitmap

First Class Debutant
Harold Larwood

Matthew Hayden
Grant Flower
Ricky Ponting (C)
Dudley Nourse
Aravinda de Silva
Adam Gilchrist+
Mahmudullah
Wasim Akram
Harold Larwood
Anil Kumble
Jasprit Bumrah

ataraxia

International Coach
I'll take the one, the only, Javed Ahmadi of Afghanistan.

1) Saeed Anwar /
2) Javed Ahmadi /
3) Stephen Fleming* /
4) Jacques Kallis / o (3)
5) Inzamam ul-Haq /
6) Mominul Haque /
7) Tatenda Taibu + /
8) Richie Benaud o / (5)
9) Pat Cummins o (2)
10) Neil Wagner o (4)
11) Joel Garner o (1)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Jack Hobbs /
Conrad Hunte /
Victor Trumper /
John F. Reid /
Mahela Jayawardene /
Ian Botham /o 2
Afsar Zazai / wkp
Hardik Pandya /o 5
Clarrie Grimmett o 4
Allan Donald o 1
Tim Murtagh o 3

Balanced side despite constraints.

Bitmap

First Class Debutant
About as close as you could get to eligibility. Nice
Initially applied the statsguru filter at 100+ wickets and was gutted that Stuart Broad missed the eligibility by 0.14 averaging 28.08. But then realised that there were quite a few good early era English bowlers with not too many wickets and was happy to see that Larwood qualified also by a similarly close margin.