• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season XII/XIII Charity Games

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The batsman to emerge with credit was Heath Davis, who struck boundaries and at least attempted to hit some ball towards the end of the innings. And despite suicidal efforts from the top order, it is difficult to defend 173 against such accomplished one-day batsmen as James Stedman and Rob Dauth, who put on a magnificent show for the fifth wicket.
Bastards. The people came to see ME bowl, not Stedman and Dauth (whoever they are?) bat!! ;)

I think I just broke my own List A batting record though. 21 was my previous best. In fact, in the previous game, I think I was very close to breaking my List A bowling record which was previously 4-35... I haven't looked at the scorecard, but I must have been close (was it 4 - 48?

Loving this... itching for another chance to unleash HeathDavisSpeed

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bastards. The people came to see ME bowl, not Stedman and Dauth (whoever they are?) bat!! ;)

I think I just broke my own List A batting record though. 21 was my previous best. In fact, in the previous game, I think I was very close to breaking my List A bowling record which was previously 4-35... I haven't looked at the scorecard, but I must have been close (was it 4 - 48?

Loving this... itching for another chance to unleash HeathDavisSpeed
Charity games are not List A, I'm afraid.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI vs Crampton's XI
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Crampton's team was routed thoroughly, with youngster Rob Malone jnr. the only man to withstand mostly top-quality bowling from everyone involved in the Cribb effort. Despite Andrew Garven's early strikes, Thompson, Gaukroger, Dauth and Stedman propelled their team to a massive total, which was easily defended.

Garven and Malone adjusted well to the new-ball role, with Garven striking twice, but that only brought Thompson and Gaukroger together. The pair feasted on variable medium pace from Crampton, Kearsley and Scott, and though Kearsley eventually managed to get Thompson out - caught attempting a straight six - Dauth pushed onwards with characteristic brutality.

Dave Richards set them back, however. The left-armer baffled both Dauth and Ethan McNamara, but despite bowling with a low economy rate the other bowlers were taken apart by Stedman, who ran up two sixes in an unbeaten 39 and helped the total up to 284 for nine. It was simply too vast. Wright and Watt holed out after being tied down by Cribb, and the remainder of the batting order were forced to chase seven an over with remarkably few wickets left. Hope truly went out of the team when Malone pulled to Stedman at mid on, leaving the side at 68 for five; the remaining dismissals were soft, the most embarrassing being the run out of Crampton which ended the innings for a meagre 169.

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI 284 for nine (50 overs)
MA Gaukroger 84, CP Thompson 57; DP Richards 3-43, AJ Garven 3-50

Crampton's XI 169 all out (37.4 overs)
R Malone jnr. 38; EAP McNamara 3-24, RGEWS Cribb 2-16, GN Nayak 2-18

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI won by 115 runs
Player of the Match: M. A. Gaukroger (Cribb)
Just saw this...Player of the match with 84 and 0/13 off 5 overs in the next game!!

GO ME!! :laugh:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bronx Cheerers

SA Bennett+
A Sharma
GKK Dobson
MW De Silva
CR Dwyer
M Corrin
SV Raghav - 5
AA Cameron - 4
HT Davis - 3
KR Clapham* - 2
NA Borcich - 1

Borcich: Overs 1-10, 20-30
Clapham: 1-10, 30-40
Davis: 10-20, 40-50
Cameron: 10-20, 30-40
Raghav: 20-30, 40-50

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
M Reddlapalli
DP Richards
JNE Forner
KS Wright +
DJ Watt
RJ Malone Jr.
AJ Crampton
AJ Garven
DA Kearsley
RJ Malone
NG Scott

Five from everyone, working up from the bottom.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Too late. Will use that for the final game though.

Suit up! v Bronx Cheerers
at CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

In a match where the only gimmicks came in the wicketkeeping department - two Seans, Fuller and Bennett, took on glovewearing duty - the team of batsmen and wicket-keepers easily overcame the Bronx Cheerers. Incisive bowling from Rai, Mitchell and Ritchie saw the top order fall, and Gough cleaned up at the end to compliment an economical opening spell.

After opting to bat first, it became a tough rearguard for Bronx, who did make 96 for the first two wickets but spent a lot of overs in doing so. Bennett and Dobson, usually belligerent for Reds, failed to impress, while Martyn Corrin got stumped by Fuller with the score still in single digits. Dinu de Silva failed to carry on with his top form, scattering 40 runs before being bowled by Rai, and Gough ended the innings with three menacing overs to take three wickets and end with a healthy average once again.

When Suit up! batted, it nearly immediately became apparent that 222 was way too little to defend. The batsmen took on Borcich, plundering 35 runs in five overs, and the opening partnership was worth 98 before Smith dragged on a Davis yorker. Though Borcich' second spell of five was better, it couldn't stem Jasotharan scoring at a run-a-ball. There were minor jitters when Raghav struck twice in the 42nd over, removing a stubborn Das for 82, but Lezama struck a pair of boundaries and with a leg-side ball evading Bennett in Raghav's next over for four wides, the game was essentially finished. Lezama and Fuller jogged the winning two with five overs remaining.

Bronx Cheerers 222 for eight (50 overs)
SA Bennett 48; KJ Gough 3-37, ZJ Ritchie 2-43, DK Rai 2-46

Suit up! 223 for five (45 overs)
AS Das 82, DP Smith 54, S Jasotharan 51; SV Raghav 2-42

Suit up! won by five wickets
Man of the Match: D. P. Smith (Suit)

Jamee's Crew v R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI
at CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Despite nippy seamers from both Mamesh and Kerr, Jamee's crew failed to defend 205 at the Oval, losing in the final over as Stedman came in with a helping hand from number nine. It was a match of distinctly inelegant batting, with a number of gritty knocks from batsmen more normally known as tail-enders; Neil Pickup, Ethan McNamara and Kexing Su all passed 20.

After being inserted, Pickup and Chaulk fought off the opening spell, but were both thwarted by Dev League team-mate Blake Donald, who took three for 28 in an occasionally brilliant stint. Liam Camps struggled to get away off him, hitting one four and otherwise staying quiet in a 15-ball innings before dragging on.

The remainder of the innings belonged to the bowlers. Four maiden overs were bowled, and Bryce Cunningham escaped with 14 runs despite tossing down three wides; neither Su nor Bochat could attack the bowlers, though they stuck in admirably. However, this led to a forced attacking tactic, and Weber and Thompson could take cheap wickets.

In reply, Thamba Mamesh struck third ball with a quicker one which Donald fended to slip, and with Dauth run out by a swift throw, Cribb's eleven were 18 for two. However, despite Wilson hardly conceding runs from the other end, McNamara stuck together with Weber and kept cutting at the low target. The crew stuck to their guns, Loganathan taking a couple of key wickets with beautiful deliveries, but with Thompson and Stedman together and just 32 to get, the win was nigh-on inevitable. It was delayed somewhat, as Kerr got the wicket of Thompson off an edge with the scores tied, but Towns drove the next ball for the required single.

Jamee's crew 205 for nine (50 overs)
AP Chaulk 37; BC Donald 3-28, TV Weber 2-15, CP Thompson 2-26

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI 206 for eight (49.2 overs)
TV Weber 48; NS Pickup 2-7, T Loganathan 2-41

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI won by two wickets
Man of the Match: T. V. Weber (Cribb)

Boulevard Bombers v Crampton's XI
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Only two of 15 batsmen in action adjusted to a bouncy and tricky pitch; unfortunately for Boulevard Bombers, both of them represented Crampton's XI. Apart from Gelman and Dunn, none of the bowlers found any bite against Alex Crampton and Malone sr., while a Reddlapalli triple-wicket over ended all hope for the Bombers of posting a competitive target.

Once again, the Bombers loaded the top order with tailenders without success, yet Luff and Butler settled in well and added 38 in quick time. Butler's mishap, a swift catch by Kearsley, did not distract the batsmen, as Wilshere kept on smacking runs off Kearsley and Scott.

Yet there was challenging bowling from one end; Dave Watt claimed two wickets due to soft catches, and suddenly the Bombers were 130 for six with no batting to come. Rhys Williams scavenged 14, but Reddlapalli invoked magic to secure a triple wicket maiden, and the Bombers had crashed to 152 for nine. Crampton then held a good catch at midwicket as the Bombers closed on 178.

In reply, Gelman and Dunn took a wicket each, while Crampton remained in - both he and Malone sr. then reached 80s with ease, placing shots on both parts of the field as such luminaries as Gelman, Halsey and Thomas were shattered. The eight-wicket win was achieved at a rate suggesting a total of 300, yet batting second meant they never had the chance at hundreds.

Boulevard Bombers 178 all out (42.2 overs)
MD Luff 39; M Reddlapalli 3-8, DJ Watt 2-14, KS Wright 2-21

Crampton's XI 180 for two (31.1 overs)
AJ Crampton 83*, RJ Malone 81*

Crampton's XI won by eight wickets
Man of the Match: A. J. Crampton

DCC_legend

International Regular
haha, That bowling attack must have been Rubbish. Ethan McNamara 26 from 61 balls, including 2 4s. LOL right there.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Oh, and I need a Staff XI and Dev League XI for the game after the final lot of league games. (Anyone want me to make a table?)