• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season XII/XIII Charity Games

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Final round

OK, glad that is finished...

Crampton's XI v Jamee's crew
at CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

An excellent opening spell from Rob Malone sr. against the nominal opening batsmen was the highlight of the first innings, along with Ash Chaulk's brutal hitting of six boundaries. When he pushed feebly to Crampton at midwicket, the crew lost momentum from 76 for four, and despite forties from Jamee Gray and Liam Camps as well as an unbeaten 21 from Tharmi Loganathan, it was partly luck that they survived through the fifty overs. Dave Watt's five-over spell was crucial too, hammering two nails into the coffin as the crew slumped to 186 for seven.

Crampton had totally upended his batting line-up in reply, yet Reddlapalli, Richards, Forner and Wright all stuck in, Watt entering by smacking Peter Young for six to keep his team on track after the fall of Forner. Batsmen struggled to score off Su, however, who ended with two for 39, and the Crampton team needed 55 off ten overs.

The next saw another six off Young's slower ball, Wright dragging the ball over Gray for a ball that just looped gently over the line. Wright brought up his fifty in the next over, and the following Young over was slapped for thirteen; the game looked all but over. Bochat eventually held a catch off Watt, ending his smashing innings for 40, but it hardly mattered as Malone jnr. won the game with a six.

Jamee's crew 231 for nine (50 overs)
LA Camps 45, JR Gray 41; RJ Malone sr. 3-9, DP Richards 2-20, DJ Watt 2-21

Crampton's XI 235 for four (48 overs)
KS Wright 68*, M Reddlapalli 51, DJ Watt 40; Kexing Su 2-39, T Loganathan 2-51

Crampton's XI won by six wickets
Man of the Match: K. S. Wright (Crampton)

Bronx Cheerers v Boulevard Bombers
at CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

After being inserted, Pares and Rose did a capital job of keeping aside the quick bowling, batting through 15 overs for a 54-run opening stand. With there being plenty of assistance from the pitch, particularly from Sean Bennett who struck thrice in a six-over spell, all vital wickets. Aseem Sharma held four catches at slip and mid off, a busy day, while as has been usual in this charity series, the batsmen failed to carry on with starts - except for Pares, who top scored with a somewhat unbelievable 44.

The chase was close, with Dobson and Dwyer playing major parts, but ultimately start city triumphed over no starts. Aseem Sharma struggled against Gelman and Dunn early on, and Tom Halsey's double strike saw them off their perch. Boundaries were impossible to come by, and the team easily imploded to 210.

Boulevard Bombers 227 for nine (50 overs)
DPW Pares 44, MD Luff 42; SA Bennett 3-23, SV Raghav 2-43

Bronx Cheerers 210 for nine (50 overs)
GKK Dobson 60, CR Dwyer 59; DPW Pares 3-17, TC Halsey 2-26

Boulevard Bombers won by 17 runs
Man of the Match: D. P. W. Pares (Bombers)

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI v Suit up!
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Incredibly, James Stedman failed, Mat Mitchell getting him out in single digits for the largest charity pay-out thus far in the season. Yet, despite, Smith's opening spell of three wickets, Donald, Towns and Nayak feasted on the wicket-keepers' efforts at the death, Jasotharan getting particular stick with 45 off five overs, and with thirteen boundaries from the batsmen from eight to ten the total ballooned up to 243 for eight.

The chase was a strange one. It looked botched at every stage, the first six wickets falling for 115; yet somehow when the scoreboard had passed forty overs, Suit up! only required 51. Donald, however, forced Fuller to drag on a yorker, and after Dubb-Lynch' run out the team folded meekly.

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI 243 for eight (50 overs)
BC Donald 46*; DP Smith 3-38, SE Fuller 2-9

Suit up! 226 all out (48.1 overs)
DY Dubb-Lynch 57, AS Das 48, SE Fuller 42; DP Towns 2-20, BC Donald 2-14

R. G. E. W. S. Cribb's XI won by 17 runs
Man of the Match: B. C. Donald (Cribb)

Last edited:

davidpares

School Boy/Girl Captain
hehe incredible - i thought i could hardly hold a bat the right way round and yet this charity series ive made 25 and now 44 - my highest ever scores - only to round it off with my first ever man of the match!
i love charity...:)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Greg name a side for the bowling XI your vc...
5D Bowling XI:

SA Bennett
DJ Watt
NA Borcich
CP Thompson
GM Thomas
AA Cameron
XPA Rose+
DP Richards
TC Halsey
Kexing Su
NS Pickup*

12: MW Wilson

Bowling orders:
1st Innings:
1st: Cameron
2nd: Borcich
3rd: Kexing Su
4th: Pickup
5th: Halsey

2nd Innings:
1st: Watt
2nd: Bennett
3rd: Thompson
4th: Richards
5th: Thomas

?

Just threw it together. If anyone wants to dispute this...