• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

saeed anwar

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard said:
Nonetheless - there's a massive gap in class, no denying that.
Anyone who really thinks Sami is even close to Test-class is delusional.
i never said that sami n shoiab are in the same league..
but the boy does show potential !! :)

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
He's only 28!
He's got a stack of cricket left - hopefully plenty of it at the ODI level.

Age doesn't matter. He was only 25 when he was started to get overlooked for selection for Pakistan team.The Pakistani captain and selectors have little faith in him and there are reports that even if saqlain get fit before the Indian series, he won't get selected as pakistanis feel that Ashad khan is a better spinner than
a burn out Saqlain.

Gangster

U19 12th Man
from_da_lost_di said:
sami n irfan so far have the same amount of success in international cricket..
Sami On the other hand does show the potential to become a good fast bowler!!
Sami and Irfan have had the same amount of success in international cricket? That's a funny thing to say, especially since it's so horribly wrong.

Irfan has a much, much better test record and an equivalent ODI record.
Sami bowls faster, but is that the point of the game? If so, keep playing it that way and see how many matches you win from now on.

wahindiawah

Banned
from_da_lost_di said:
i never said that sami n shoiab are in the same league..
but the boy does show potential !! :)
potential to get thrashed by batsmen...YES

oh i can hadly wait to see the legendary Sami being toyed by indian batsmen in India :D

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
wahindiawah said:
Age doesn't matter. He was only 25 when he was started to get overlooked for selection for Pakistan team.The Pakistani captain and selectors have little faith in him and there are reports that even if saqlain get fit before the Indian series, he won't get selected as pakistanis feel that Ashad khan is a better spinner than
a burn out Saqlain.
he is down but not out !!
Pakistan is will certainly pick him if he'z fit enuff to play on the doctored indian pitches made form cow dung :)

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gangster said:
Sami and Irfan have had the same amount of success in international cricket? That's a funny thing to say, especially since it's so horribly wrong.

Irfan has a much, much better test record and an equivalent ODI record.
Sami bowls faster, but is that the point of the game? If so, keep playing it that way and see how many matches you win from now on.
take out the bangladesh tour and u have nothing to brag about !

wahindiawah

Banned
from_da_lost_di said:
he is down but not out !!
Pakistan is will certainly pick him if he'z fit enuff to play on the doctored indian pitches made form cow dung :)

Read ur own newspaper and you will urself realise that he's not one of the candidates for Indian series.

By the way Saqlain did well on the Pakistan pitches, didn't he? i loved the way ur batsmen toyed with all the pakistani bowlers, something we all are going to see again soon

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
wahindiawah said:
Read ur own newspaper and you will urself realise that he's not one of the candidates for Indian series.

By the way Saqlain did well on the Pakistan pitches, didn't he? i loved the way ur batsmen toyed with all the pakistani bowlers, something we all are going to see again soon
???????????????????????????????

Gangster

U19 12th Man
from_da_lost_di said:
take out the bangladesh tour and u have nothing to brag about !
Okay, deal. I'll take out India vs. Bangladesh and you take out Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe, and I'll show up with an Irfan Pathan whose test average is 40 or so. You'll show up with a Mohammad Sami whose test average is 50 or so.

Do I have something to brag about yet?

Last edited:

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gangster said:
Okay, deal. I'll take out India vs. Bangladesh and you take out Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe, and I'll show up with an Irfan Pathan whose test average is 35 or so. You'll show up with a Mohammad Sami whose test average is 50 or so.

Do I have something to brag about yet?
zim and bangladesh are 2 diferent teams !

Gangster

U19 12th Man
from_da_lost_di said:
zim and bangladesh are 2 diferent teams !
Yes, they're two different teams. Both quite bad, but fine, leave Sami's results against Zimbabwe in, but take out Pathan's results against Bangladesh. What're the new averages?

41.2 for Pathan, 46.5 for Sami.

Okay, how is Sami better?

And Sami without Zimbabwe averages 50.

(Sorry, I corrected my earlier figures about Pathan and Sami.)

Last edited:

from_da_lost_di

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gangster said:
Yes, they're two different teams. Both quite bad, but fine, leave Sami's results against Zimbabwe in, but take out Pathan's results against Bangladesh. What're the new averages?

41.2 for Pathan, 46.5 for Sami.

Okay, how is Sami better?

And Sami without Zimbabwe averages 50.

(Sorry, I corrected my earlier figures about Pathan and Sami.)
links plz !!

a difference of 4.
doesn't prove anything !!
bring in the ODIs and sami streets ahead of pathan !!

Last edited:

Gangster

U19 12th Man
from_da_lost_di said:
links plz !!

a difference of 4.
doesn't prove anything !!
bring in the ODI avg and sami streets ahead of pathan !!
goto www.cricinfo.com and look it up
i won't even waste my time further, when Pathan HAS A LOWER ODI AVERAGE than Sami as well. And if the difference (in Pathan's favor) doesn't prove anything, well then, what does tell something? Your utter and unshakeable belief in Sami's superiority? Because absolutely nothing supports you. The only thing you can say, and likely will bring up again, is that Sami bowls faster. And that's really the crux of the problem, confusing pace with quality. So let me spell it out very simply:

Sami bowls faster; Pathan bowls better.

Ok? :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gangster said:
First, the state of one-day cricket is such that pretty much any team other than Australia and perhaps now New Zealand (and of course outside of Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Kenya et al.) have a 50-50 chance at beating their opponent. Teams like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, England, and the West Indies are pretty much equivalent.

That being said, the West Indies are clearly, clearly the worst out of the six. Oh, but they won the Champions Trophy? Yeah, in the luckiest victory I've ever seen. That match should have been stopped for bad light hours before it ended.

But oh well, if you want to continue to foolishly claim that the West Indies are any good, go ahead. But just know that you're wrong to do so. They're a very, very bad team.
We'll soon see.
West Indies in 2004 have played some very good one-day-cricket - I'll be surprised if they're not challenging for the top-spot before long.
Certainly they're far better than most of the other mid-table sides, there's ample evidence of that.

Choora

State Regular
Gangster said:
goto www.cricinfo.com and look it up
i won't even waste my time further, when Pathan HAS A LOWER ODI AVERAGE than Sami as well. And if the difference (in Pathan's favor) doesn't prove anything, well then, what does tell something?

Ok? :D
as far as oneday ave are concerned there is hardly anything to tell.Pathan ave is 26, sami's is 27, the difference is hardly great.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
OK, Who mentioned 47 in the 1st place?

It was all wrong, it was actually 32
And that little clip doesn't make it the so called "simple chance" that some people like to make out.