• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Runs at 9, 10, 11?! (Test Cricket)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This thread reminds me of my favourite cw complaint, moaning about a team's inability to dismiss a tail cheaply then under rating bowlers adept at skinning rabbits.
Moaning about inability to dismiss a tail is almost always a psychological response of fans. Much like ascribing mythical "clutch" ability to any decent performance in a world cup final/semi-final.

FBU

International Debutant
I was thinking the same. But I think the problem might be, and trying to phrase this properly... If the perception is that some are more adept at tail enders than the top order?

But I've believed that sometimes it is complacency and indiscipline that allows some of these runs. Sorry to again revert back to the recently concluded ashes, but there was a particular match when England went bouncer crazy and lost the plot.
and finally you get to the tail/bowlers Cummins 44, Starc 36, Murphy 34, in various matches :)

18 wickets taken by short balls/bouncers in the Lords Test. 504 short balls - most bowled in a Test match